The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

A few (very) more OEM driveshaft yoke kits and U-joints.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good call.

Unless they're idiots like me when I was using three kits to rebuild driveshafts and throwing 2 yokes in the trash "because they were cheap".

No comment on that but unless it's clearly unusable I don't throw away any old parts I remove when replacing them with new ones on my Talon. Some look to still be in good shape and if someday the replacements fail, in a pinch I might be able to reuse them if there's absolutely no other available option. Or I might sell/give them to someone in such a situation. And when I someday sell the car, the new owner gets all the old parts to do with as they wish.

And, sorry to jump in here with the newbie-type question, but I've finally gotten to the point where overhauling the prop shaft on my '92 Talon is something that I might consider taking on, having removed it to completely overhaul the rear end, which I'm nearing the completion of.

But you're saying that it's likely a moot point, as the necessary u-joints and other parts to do this are no longer available, at least the far better OEM ones? Even from overseas vendors like Amayama? I see these parts listed on their site, from Japan & UAE. Is that one of those situations where they just haven't updated their records and it's not actually available?

I just played a bit with the rear yoke/joint on mine while reinstalling the subframe/diff/support, and it was a bit notchy. How bad is that? Movement is free and smooth, except at that one point. Car's still got less than 80k miles on it. I assume that there's no way to overhaul that properly without new u-joints and other parts? Could I get away with non-OEM ones for my stock and likely to never be modded Talon that's still 195HP & never raced or driven too aggressively, e.g. I don't launch or any of that stuff.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back