The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

A few questions about my car...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1991LaserRsT-5

Probationary Member
Jul 8, 2008
Illiopolis, Illinois
First I would like to say hello, and thanks to everyone in advance. ok, I have a 1991 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo. It is my first car, and we just got it running really good a month or so ago. I havent really done to many upgrades yet. i will list all i have done.

- New Falken Zeus Tires
- New Transmission Computer
- New Engine Computer
- New T-5 turbo. Stock T-4 was cracked

Thats about it as far a minor upgrades. Are there any mods/upgrades you can suggest? Nothing really costly i am on 17. And i have a few question. I will probably sound like a major newbie.. Sorry.

1. Would the T-5 add any performance?

2. What is the top speed of this car? I would rather ask than find out for no reason...

3. HP?

4. Is there a govenor or etc.?

Thanks!

210 is the stock hp. Thats probably just to the flywheel not to the wheels. Im also 17 almost 18. The "govenor" is just a restriction on the ecu. I dont think the 1gs have a limit on speed. 2gs have a "govenor" that only lets them go to 137 mph. What do you mean T-4 and t-5? Tdo5H?

What's a t-5 turbo?:confused:

210 is the stock hp. Thats probably just to the flywheel not to the wheels. Im also 17 almost 18. The "govenor" is just a restriction on the ecu. I dont think the 1gs have a limit on speed. 2gs have a "govenor" that only lets them go to 137 mph. What do you mean T-4 and t-5? Tdo5H?

2g AWD's don't have a governor.:rocks:

1. T-5 isn't a 'legit' turbo name. I'm guessing that you have an automatic, so you probably replaced the 13b with a 14b. You will notice a slight performance enhancement.

2. Faster than it will ever have to go, either on the track or on the street. Thanks for not 'finding out yourself.'

3. 1g's are rated at 195hp at the flywheel, less at the wheel.

4. I'm unsure of a governor, I don't *think* there is one, but again, if there is, it's probably 100+mph, and again, no need to do that on the street.

idk about t-5 name. we were watching "pass time" on SPEED and one guy was describing his car and said it had a t-4 turbo, and my dad saiid "thats what ## car had".

idk about t-5 name. we were watching "pass time" on SPEED and one guy was describing his car and said it had a t-4 turbo, and my dad saiid "thats what ## car had".

Your dad was mistaken. The only thing that would be close is that you went from a tdo4-13g to a tdo5-14b/16g, probably the 14b. If that were the case, it will help add some power as the 14b is larger than the 13g that came on the automatic 1g's. :thumb:

is the car automatic? autos are 180 not to the wheels. 5speeds are about 195 give or take a few once again not at teh wheels. some 2g have govs. on them because they had tires rated for 130mph from factory so thats what its set to max out at by the ecu. 1g dont have a gov or anything and ive never maxed mine out, ive gone 120mph and still had alot of 5th gear so probally around 140-150? and i wouldnt want to go that fast with a stock car. with the smic you will get knock plus it will get heat soaked before you get to 140 and you will be pulling in alot of hot air to the motor. and here read this look for stuff when you want to know its out there you just havet to look 1000 Already Answered Questions - Index page

ok, thanks. so what is the technical name of my turbo? and what performance mod would you suggest for a cheap price that would bring performance?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back