The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

a few questions about my 97 eclipse GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBT8503

15+ Year Contributor
May 25, 2004
Meridian, Mississippi
I've had my eclipse for about 6 months now, and havnt been able to invest any money into my car as of yet besides a new timing belt/water pump. I havnt changed the spark plugs, spark plug wires, or put on new breaks. I took my car to be aligned at a local shop because my car is pulling pretty hard to the left, and they told me that a caster was bent, and an alignment would not do me any good, and I would have to get the frame pulled..... does this sound right? I'm still in the learning process and the reason i havnt had the money to put into my car is because i havnt sold my 96 3kgt SL. And if anyone is interested in buying it just send me an e-mail or PM. Another thing I am worried about is the oil pressure guage. It fluctuates up and down, sometimes it's low, then 5 mintues later it will be on the mid-line. Is this normal? I am running with valvoline durablend 5W30 i believe. What could be wrong here? Thanks for the advice in advance.
-Chris-

Was the car in a accident, that would explain the frame damage. You oil pressure gauge will move up and down depending on your RPM.

Yeah, the car was in a little accident, i dont know what it was because the previous owner did it. The front bumper is in simi-bad shape, but has a skirt over it so you would never tell. The idle also seems a little rough, around 500 RPM at rest.

I don't have any advice on the accident except to ask them to show you the damage. I just wanted to tell you the oil gauges in DSM's are crazy; it scared me when I first got my first one, the needle will sit almost at nothing at idle and move normal as the engine revs.

Your idle should be around 750RPM that will help smooth it out at rest.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back