The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

A/C Switch Bulb Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This article is to list a better way to replace the bulb on you a/c switch to be able to see you a/c knobs at night.

When I first bought my car the light bulb for the a/c switch was burned out and when I had picked up a hayes repair manual they had described the procedure to replace the bulb was to undo you radio & rip out your a/c switch assembly out throught the radio area

Here's the easier way
1. Pull out your center a/c vent assembly. (it should pop out just do it carefully or else you could break off one of your clips that hold the plastic trim to the ducts.
2. Seperate the plastic trim off the a/c vent assembley should be 4 clips.
3. Disconnect the cable on the right side of the a/c vent assembly ( its the cable responsible for closing the duct for the center vents.
4. make sure everything is disconnected should just be the one cable I mentioned.
5. pull out the a/c vent box from their you should be able to see on top of the a/c switch controls youll need to feel on the bottom or middle of the switch assembly for the tiny bulb socket that should twist and pull out.

I hope this helps more than what i had to go through the way that was laid out in the hayes manual which was agony.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back