The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

A/C swap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calan

DSM Wiseman
Jan 16, 2007
OKC, Oklahoma
Will a 1G A/C compressor bolt up to a 2G 7-bolt (even if it takes some modification)?

In fact, which A/C components are interchangeable or can be modified to work?

I've got my old 1G A/C setup sitting in storage, and a buddy just bought a 2G project car that may need a compressor. Doesn't seem to be much info floating around on swapping them or making it work.

Will a 1G A/C compressor bolt up to a 2G 7-bolt (even if it takes some modification)?

In fact, which A/C components are interchangeable or can be modified to work?

I've got my old 1G A/C setup sitting in storage, and a buddy just bought a 2G project car that may need a compressor. Doesn't seem to be much info floating around on swapping them or making it work.

you could probably get away with the compressor for the 1G car if you use the AC compressor mount assuming that the compressor pully lines up. and you would need to take it to a shop and have some custom AC lines made. aside from that you would probably have to make a lot of changes to make the 1G AC stuff fit in a 2G...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back