The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

A/C hoses. Impossible to find new?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gee-Es-Tee

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 19, 2004
Atlanta, Georgia
Ok guys, it's that time of the year when it's hot as all hell. The humidity is murdering me. I decided to go ahead and fix my blasted a/c system. It had everything wrong from a bad compressor to leaky hoses. Well... I replaced the compressor with a working unit... but now I face another problem: the hoses. My hoses are leaking. BADLY. The system will hold a charge for about 2 days with no vacuum and 1 day with a vacuum. I charged the system with a refrigerant with a dye which could determine leaks with a UV light. I saw many pinhole leaks within the hose (the cold side). Anyway, I went on a trek to find all new hoses for my system. Mitsubishi claims this is a discontinued part. WTF? I scouted the internet on any site imaginable looking for new hoses. The only place I could even consider was a hot-rod shop which would charge $200 per hose to custom all new ones. Before I spend that, I'm sending out this plea of hoping someone has the URL to someone hoarding brand new A/C hoses for my GS-T.

So ultimately... WHERE CAN I BUY NEW A/C HOSES?!?!

have you checked partsdinosaur.com? either that or put up a wtb ad, a lot of people take their a/c out... Im sure you can find something

Have you tried the local parts house (AutoZone, PepBoys, Advance, etc)? Also look at the Chrysler Seabring, Dodge Avenger...my dad has a 98 Seabring and a lot of parts are a direct fit between the 2 cars. Just take the hoses with you to compare before you buy.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back