1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

ECMlink 99gst ecu in 97gsx

Posted by Poweredbyebay, Aug 9, 2020

Please Support VR Speed Factory
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. Poweredbyebay

Poweredbyebay Probationary Member

Joined Aug 9, 2020
    Lewiston, Maine
    Hey all. Looking for information on running a blackbox ecu from a 98 or 99 gst in my 97 gsx. A friend of mine told me I had to re-pin a few connectors in the harness to get it to work in my vehicle. I was just looking to see if anyone knew what he might be talking about?
    TIA
    Alex

2. stillrunning

stillrunning Proven Member

Joined Oct 10, 2013
    brandon, Florida
    I have a 98/99 blackbox on my 97, no repin of anything was needed, to be able to flash it you need to add a pin to enable flashing

Street Build 537  3

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
    Poweredbyebay and 19Eclipse90 like this.