The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

99 GS Cloth Seat Cover Removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chivocrazy69

Proven Member
Aug 1, 2021
lynn, Massachusetts
How do do take the cloth off the seats on a 99 spyder gs. I would like to wash them. I see in the back zippers track but i cant seem to reach the zipper.

i don't think the covers are meant to come off. There isn't anything in the service manual. Even if you did get them off, chances are you wouldn't be able to reinstall them because they would shrink when they dried.

You can remove the back seat cushions, and unbolt the front seats, to bring them outside the car to wash them.

You would need to unbolt the seats in order to fully remove the covers, if that’s what you decided to do.

Keep in mind that the seat frame and other seat components are steel. Most have started rusting, but washing the seats may accelerate that.

Maybe try a chemical, or steam clean, as discussed in this post:

I ended up repainting my seat rails and springs (I have manual seats). My interior is in amazing shape but the rust was starting to stain my seats and carpet. I just wire brushed it all off and sprayed a few coats of gloss black on them. Been a couple years and the paint still looks great and no new rust.

As for cleaning the seats, I just got a rental steam cleaner and some Tuff Stuff. Had them looking like new again as well as the carpet. I used the same stuff on my premium WRX interior and once again it worked like a charm.

Bro thank u ima look for a steam cleaner rental i kept thinking only ppl that do details had that. And my rails arr rusty too n my carpets are gray but brown due to the rain coming in n the previous owner didnt fix which i fixed the roof so no more leaks.. Im going to find a place where i can rent one of those steam cleaner.

i think you are correct and makes sence. But i will rent a steamer cleaner or whatever its called from home depot and clean them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back