The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

99 GSX Rebirth/Clean-Up/Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Small updates:

Good news with the long block is that it needs a new crank/ bearings and some good cleaning and I should have it back to me! Super pumped about that.

I also picked up some mint Evo 9 SE Recaro's with the red stitching. Can't wait to get back in some of these. I missed these a ton since selling my Evo.

View attachment 731883
Nice seats!

Did they give you a timeframe for the engine?

So after all this time, I found out zero progress has been made because the shop can't find a crankshaft. So apparently the only option is an $1,800 crankshaft which is extreme overkill.
thats more then my billet crank! you can get a callies forged for a lot less! where does this shop get these bizarre numbers and costs from? seems like they useless to me

Yeah that’s the other thing like Bobby said. You can get an eagle crank for like 700 or something on extremepsi
Meh, i would highly suggest a callies crank ( forged ). The cranks will be better sized and not likely all over the place, every crank needs a full balance anyway with specific parts as non come balanced for the setup used. My molnar does not either.

So after all this time, I found out zero progress has been made because the shop can't find a crankshaft. So apparently the only option is an $1,800 crankshaft which is extreme overkill.
Sounds like a similar thing I went through recently with a shop... Had car for 7 months. The main issue i had was lack of communication. I always have parts that i can bring out if needed, so wasnt a problem getting the actual work done, but eventually found it was tied up because of the guy who was tuning it became a roadblock. Wouldve been nice to have been told that so i couldve come up with some alternatives for what i wanted to do.. Hence, the reason im working on this car myself now.. The lack of communication is a killer and sometimes, its like pulling teeth just to be kept in the loop.

Last edited:
Yeah that’s the other thing like Bobby said. You can get an eagle crank for like 700 or something on extremepsi
I think I paid 8 or 9 for mine, stock stroke.

Meh, i would highly suggest a callies crank ( forged ). The cranks will be better sized and not likely all over the place, every crank needs a full balance anyway with specific parts as non come balanced for the setup used. My molnar does not either.
I wish I had known about these other options and issues people have had with the Eagles before I bought, but whatevz. Plan to have everything balanced anyways. If we ever needed better I’ll go billet.

Sounds like a similar thing I went through recently with a shop... Had car for 7 months. The main issue i had was lack of communication. I always have parts that i can bring out if needed, so wasnt a problem getting the actual work done, but eventually found it was tied up because of the guy who was tuning it became a roadblock. Wouldve been nice to have been told that so i couldve come up with some alternatives for what i wanted to do.. Hence, the reason im working on this car myself now.. The lack of communication is a killer and sometimes, it’s like pulling teeth just to be kept in the loop.
Worst part of customer service nowadays.

Seems everyone I've talked to within the last year said Eagle's are junk anyways... They are out of stock on extreme and everywhere else btw. 6 bolt stock stroke*.

I told them to find an OEM if they can, if not, I'll get a callies.

Seems everyone I've talked to within the last year said Eagle's are junk anyways... They are out of stock on extreme and everywhere else btw. 6 bolt stock stroke*.

I told them to find an OEM if they can, if not, I'll get a callies.
I ran an Eagle 100mm crank in my car for 5 years. Never had an issue. But yeah. See what you can do. I have a crank sitting here but it would probably need a cut.

I sure hope mine isn’t “junk” and can be made to work. :confused:
From Devin:

1719495488484.png

Finding an oem uncut and good is getting tough! I was side skip oem and go straight to a callie forged and be done. You can custom it to i believe as i nearly went with theirs before molnars crank. I wanted a light crank so molnar was the second lightest and also cheaper then winberg which is over 3k LOL out of budget

That’s wild. He definitely knows better. Guess I got lucky.
Ok I’ll ask. Who is Devin?

Finding an oem uncut and good is getting tough! I was side skip oem and go straight to a callie forged and be done. You can custom it to i believe as i nearly went with theirs before molnars crank. I wanted a light crank so molnar was the second lightest and also cheaper then winberg which is over 3k LOL out of budget
I assume my OEM crank has never been cut, not 100% sure though. Original owner only ever had the head redone I think. I wanted a forged crank and wanted a Manley, but 6-bolt was no longer avail so jumped on the Eagle one Xmas shopping spree. FML

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back