The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G 99 gsx manifold to turbo bolts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gsxxx

Proven Member
May 31, 2014
Dry creek, West_Virginia
i have a 99 gsx and on my turbo to manifold bolts ive got 3 of the 4 to tighten all the way down. but the last one only goes half way because of stripped threads. so will i be ok to just leave the 3 and a half in there it seems so be holding very tight

It's not just a matter of holding the turbo to the manifold. The bolts are also there to seal the two parts together so you don't have an exhaust leak.

How bad are the threads? You might be able to get by with just running a tap through them.

i got the turbo from miller import and they sent it to me stripped. the threads are pretty crappie ive thought about running a little bit smaller bolt through there then putting a nut on the bottom end and tightening it then

You can't run it that way as you will blow on out the gasket in short order. You need to repair the threads.

Depending on position you can also drill out the threads, and then use a nut/bolt/lockwasher combination.

I would try to tap the threads first. Might be able to just clean them up and put the bolt in. If the tap is long enough, you won't even have to remove the turbo from the manifold before tapping it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back