The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

99 GSX M.T. first time eclipse owner.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuisGSX

Probationary Member
Sep 21, 2016
Elgin, Illinois
Hello, my first time owning a 1999 Eclipse GSX. Car has roughly 107k miles. I will be needed a lot of help with advice on keeping the car in good shape and hoping it will last another 100k :D

Thanks,
And yes i have, already trying to get maintenance done to it thanks to the maintenance guide. Not looking for any performance upgrades just want to drive it around for fun.

Welcome to the site. First bit of advice on keeping your car running, check the condition of the timing belt!!

Thank You everyone, and yes first thing i did was to check belts, and fluids. Previous owner had a gates racing timing belt but its browinsh probably old already, but it still looks in good shape no cracks or anything. But like the maintenance guide says I do want a peace of mind. Will need to do all of those guide lines to keep it in good shape. Specially since is going to be my daily driver.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back