The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G 99 GSX Fuel neck replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meark

Proven Member
Nov 25, 2016
gastonia, North_Carolina
my fuel neck had a hole rusted through it so I bought a new one but it's a different set up. Any advice on how to change it.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I had the same problem GSX & GST fuel necks are different. Its almost impossible to find a GSX fuel neck .
I used a fuel neck out of a 97 non turbo spyder found at a junkyard for like $10 minor modifications and all new extended fuel hoses but it worked.
i would try miller import parts

Good luck

Attachments

• IMG_4574.JPG
    IMG_4574.JPG
    311.3 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_4575.JPG
    IMG_4575.JPG
    269.3 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_4576.JPG
    IMG_4576.JPG
    347.8 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_4577.JPG
    IMG_4577.JPG
    300.4 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_4578.JPG
    IMG_4578.JPG
    304 KB · Views: 184
I had the same problem GSX & GST fuel necks are different. Its almost impossible to find a GSX fuel neck .
I used a fuel neck out of a 97 non turbo spyder found at a junkyard for like $10 minor modifications and all new extended fuel hoses but it worked.

Good luck
So there's no way to make this one work? Cause everywhere I look up it says it's the right one?

Good luck
What modifications did you have to do?

Good luck
How did you get to it like that? Did you have to take off the cross member and drive shaft?

I used s
How did you get to it like that? Did you have to take off the cross member and drive shaft?
after i replaced the fuel neck i coated it with rustoleum and under coat.
i used some of the old mounting and hardware and had to buy new fuel hoses to make it work.
I was replacing sub frame bushing & rear suspension shocks springs sway bar link & 3G suspension
it was much easier to remove and replace with the rear sub frame out of the way.

Attachments

• IMG_4588.JPG
    IMG_4588.JPG
    321 KB · Views: 178
  • DSM SUSPENSION 3G REAR TUBULAR UPGARDE .jpg
    DSM SUSPENSION 3G REAR TUBULAR UPGARDE .jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0495.JPG
    IMG_0495.JPG
    207.5 KB · Views: 199
  • Rear subframe poly bushing.jpg
    Rear subframe poly bushing.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 196
Old Link but contact Miller Import Parts and see if this will or will not work. I am a 1g guy so I can't tell if it is correct. By the description, it fits a 97-99 Talon (they didn't make a 99 Talon) so I would think it would fit the sister car GSX but don't take my word, ask the people that are selling it.
Miller Import Parts Fuel Filler Neck
It also appears to fit 98-00 Avenger and Sebring's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back