The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

99 Gsx- First Car- First Love

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboDork

Probationary Member
Apr 24, 2012
Edmond, Oklahoma
So I just found a 99 Gsx with 98,000 miles and it's perfect inside and out. The previous owner babied the car (thank god) and so far it's amazing. Right now the car is in Oklahoma, where I'm moving in 2 monthes, and I have my aunt and uncle holding it because I'm staying with them while I go to college. My uncle has a RSX that was tuned and boosted: Full Race manifold, T4 turbo, blah blah blah. It used to be a drag car but has since been detuned and is back to mostly stock. They wanted me to take it but it's chopped up a bit and I hate front wheel drive. So I got the Eclipse for 3,700 (My buddy at Dsport told me that was a steal) and now I'm wondering where to start. I'm not going all out right now although I hope in about 5 or 6 years to have a DSM Graveyard Stage 3 built up crate motor and a Punishment Racing GT35 kit, among other goodies and have the car pushing 600hp for a safe street and track beast. I want quality so I'm asking all of you. I'm all ears.
P.S. If you think I'm crazy with a 600hp target for my first car, It's because I learned on a 550hp STi last summer. LOL

great deal, sounds like its ready to rock outta the box. I got my gsx for 3k but had to dump 1k or so into it to get it up the par and now it just crapped a rod so im swapping a new 6 bolt in, fun fun. get some pictures up when you get a chance

I plan on getting some pictures of her as soon as I take her for a spin when I move. If anyone knows a good reputable place to find a complete crate motor, please let me know. I'm definitely going to push it up to 2.4, its just a mater of finding someone to machine the block and all that fun stuff. Most of the other work, besides tuning and dialing in the suspension. I'm not going to blow tens of thousands of dollars (I'm just a kid LOL) but I'm not going to skimp. I want it done right, the first time. I do have a question though. I almost got a 240sx before I found this Eclipse, and no I'm no drifter, I've heard of some AWD 240's out there using an RB26 swap. I was wondering if it's possible to adapt the ATTESA unit and the RB to work in the Eclipse. Just a hypothetical what if...

Ok, I read the thing about graveyard (where they belong) and my plans have since been changed. If anything I'll have it done locally or take her up to Buschur. If they're any good? My uncle knows a bit. He's gonna help with the coilovers and the wiring. As well as other things so I'm good in that department. Just a matter of that damn engine again... I'll do some more looking. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP SO FAR!!!:hellyeah:

2.4's are a dime a dozen. You could probably get one for $200. Then $1000 for rods and pistons, and $500 for machining and misc stuff and you're golden. A good local shop will be knowledgeable enough to bore and hone 4 cylinders. IMO there's no need to waste money on shipping and a name.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back