The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

99 GSX air/fuel ratio tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meark

Proven Member
Nov 25, 2016
gastonia, North_Carolina
Okay so I have a 1999 Mitsubishi eclipse gsx, it has a 95 computer with a ecm tuning chip (like that when I got the car).
Right now everything mechanically and electrically seems good. But my air to fuel ratio is all over the place (has a gauge).
Right now it's hard to start, and it has NO power.
Will a simple tune fix this? If so how.
I do have the cable to hook the car to my laptop and the ecmtuning software downloaded.

It's impossible to say given how little we know about the car. Hook your laptop up to the car and get a log of the car idling while warmed up and post that. Also make a profile listing all mods to the car.

Okay so I have a 1999 Mitsubishi eclipse gsx, it has a 95 computer with a ecm tuning chip (like that when I got the car).
Right now everything mechanically and electrically seems good. But my air to fuel ratio is all over the place (has a gauge).
Right now it's hard to start, and it has NO power.
Will a simple tune fix this? If so how.
I do have the cable to hook the car to my laptop and the ecmtuning software downloaded.
You do understand that at idle and cruise air fuel is supposed to go all over the place? It is the nature of closed loop. Only at WOT will you see it steady out. You need to log the car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back