The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

For Sale 99' GSX 5sp - Race/Weekend Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuBerT

Probationary Member
Nov 20, 2002
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Selling my 2G DSM. 1999 AWD Eclipse, 5 Speed. 55k miles. Bought this car in 07 with 27k and it has been through a lot. It has been my project and joy for many years, Since having kids my interests are changing and no longer have time to play with it and give it a life. I hate seeing it sit on my garage getting dirty. Bought it mostly stock and now it is a heavily built car. Currently built with a rare 4G64 6 bolt motor, The chassis has been stripped and rebuilt. Tube front end, and completely custom wiring hardness. It was being built to be a weekend toy/track day car, but it can go any direction! No HVAC, gutted dash. Power windows and sunroof still work. Factory turn stalks, etf all worked into the custom hardless. Spared little expense when building. Needs finishing and some love to be something great. Wiring and chassis work has been very reliable. After adding the brakes and custom coilovers the trans had a 3rd gear problem and I parked it. Has been sitting for about 2 years. The coilovers don’t have more than 20 miles on them. I take it out a few times a year and start it and it fires right up, even with old E85 in the tank. Currently on E85 at around 23 psi. went down the track once with the new clutch and ran a 12.6, spinning tires and lifting at 1000’. Car could easily run low 11’s if setup for drag racing. When I had it on the 2.0L motor the car has gone 11.8 in full weight street trim.

Good: Car has tons of nice parts and are starting to be rare. Always get compliments when out driving. It is a super fun project to play with, it is incredibly easy to work on. Ive had the trans out in 2 hours, and all the wiring is front and center to see. Passes Ohio E-check everytime (through coding). With the coilovers and brakes it is an absolute blast to drive. Driving the 2.4 with 2G head is the most fun I’ve had in a DSM, combined with the lightweight nature of the car it is just a blast. Runs SUPER clean and always wants to GO. Idles great. Zero smoke at WOT, idle, or decel.

Bad: Dirty from being in the garage, 3rd gear has an issues that will require the trans to be fixed. Occasionally burns oil on startup. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn’t. I have diagnosed this to be a valve stem issue.

I would much rather NOT part this build out, because I am short on time and I would like to see this go to a good home. Make reasonable offers. Also have a near new, all box tube steel deck car trailer that could be worked into the deal (3200$ new, 2 years old). Anything I have forgotten has probably been replaced or rebuilt. Axles, all the hydraulic cylinders, etc…. clean title.

If your seriously interested, and have cash, contact me please. 585.755.4351. I have tons more pictures and can do videos or whatever you need. here is a parts list. I’m sure I’m forgetting things.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Dennis Grant spec KONI yellow setup on hypercoil springs – locally machined, full setup
Urethane bushings throughout
Paul Volk adjustable rear toe arms
RMDSM sway bars F &R
Spare set of Tien Superstreet coilovers

720form GTF1 Wheel 17x9 –super lightweight wheel.
235/45 Dunlop tires
custom big brakes up front, locally machined hats with off the shelf 12.19” race rotors.
Wilwood superlite 4 piston calipers/track pads
Evo 8 bremos in the rear
100% new brake lines form master to wheels.
Proportioning valve and hydraulic handbrake
All hard lines throughout, transfer to stainless flex via bulkhead fittings when exiting body. Dual Residual pressure valves integrated directly off OEM Master cylinder.
Drop in 255HP, all new -6 from fuel hat and back. Combination of hard line and braid
Fuelab FPR
Fuelab inline filter
1050cc FIC Injectors
FP Exhaust Manifold
Garret 57 trim journal bearing turbo in a Forced Performance SS V-Band housing
Custom V-band o2 housing, 2-5”-3” transition, v bands on both ends. 304Stainless
Tial 44mm wastegate, recirculated into o2 housing. All V-band
Tial 50mm QR BOV
Hallman MBC
JMF Street core for a 1G DSM (has rear facing inlet/outlet)
3” intake tube/Filter mount. BOV Recirc and PCV ports welded in. Custom sheet metal air box
3” Stainless V-Band exhaust. Dual 3” Resonators in cat back, twin 2.5” tips (all custom)
Custom powersteering lines through frame. Custom Reservoir. New OE Rebuild steering rack.

Built 2.4L 4G64 6-Bolt Block w/2G head – Honed, decked, fully machined before assembly.
NEW OEM Mitsu Oil Pump (balance shaft plug welded, JNZ tuning)
NEW .020 over Wiseco Piston
NEW Scat Rods / ACL Race bearings
OEM Crank / ACL Race bearings
NEW L19 Headstuds with cometic headgasket (perfectly sealed. Will hold vacuum in coolant for a week atleast)
NEW Kelford 272 cams with adjustable gears. (Degreed in on engine stand to account for increased deck height of the 2.4L)
NEW Forced performance beehive springs
NEW Supertech valves intake and exhaust, new seals
NEW oil pan
Block drilled and tapped for dual -8 PCV system, tied to head and intake tube.
Kevlar belt, all new timing components as needed
powder coated valve cover
Factory 2G intake
Rebuilt TBOEM Evo 8 ECU Running Tephra MOD V7, Speed density
Kiggly racing Crank trigger kit
Omnipower Factory location MAP
GM IAT
Complete custom engine harness, built with shielded cables for all sensors
New OEM IAC
Spare EVO 8 MAF/intake adapter
All custom speedhut gauge set
Innovate wideband
Comp Clutch stage 3 clutch
Comp Clutch Chromoly flywheel
Factory 2G trans (syncro/3rd gear problems)
Spare PTT Twin Disc (New discs with little wear, but needs pressure plate rebuilt)
Spare 2.0 4G63 block, Wiseco pistons/scat rods/brand new OEM crank. Needs polishing and maybe one cylinder repaired. Pulled running but noticed some wear – so I built the 4G64.
Seibon Carbon hood with flush hood pins

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back