The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

99 Gst

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lam

Probationary Member
Feb 2, 2003
CA
99 GST 78k 8600. looks stock but kinda lowered wut does everyone think? im really anxious to buy a car but i dont want to rush into a bad deal. Thanks

Attachments

• mvc-744s.jpg
    mvc-744s.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 201
well from the exterior it looks great but thats all i can tell you since lack of details.

The best thing you can do is run a compression test to see if the engine is healthy. Also if it has had a timing belt changed mileage doesnt matter anymore because the car is 5 years old and the belts had to be getting hard and cracked. (I have to change mine even though my car only has 37,XXX miles so im bringing it to RRE) If you are gonna mod it extensively such as faster than 13's than you might want to hold out for a GSX since AWD will save you alot of money in the long run :dsm:

Yea, the exterior looks nice but check more into the car and think about what you want to do if you get a DSM.

looks like a 97-99 and what a sexy car that is. Great color, looks in exellent shape.

IT maylook like it SEEMS lowered... but thats just stock, 2g's are very low stock.

Whatever the mileage is as long as its under 50k prolly a good deal

BUT

If it were up to me, save for a GSX, fwd is not worth it unless you plan on spending serious money on a LSD and some slicks :p just so you dont have traction problems in 3-4th gear's when u mod it up a bit

I love my 94 AWD over my previous 98 FWD 2gnt
def worth waiting, although if you dont want to mod much, car looks healthy from the look

Originally posted by DSMSpyder99
well from the exterior it looks great but thats all i can tell you since lack of details.

The best thing you can do is run a compression test to see if the engine is healthy. Also if it has had a timing belt changed mileage doesnt matter anymore because the car is 5 years old and the belts had to be getting hard and cracked. (I have to change mine even though my car only has 37,XXX miles so im bringing it to RRE) If you are gonna mod it extensively such as faster than 13's than you might want to hold out for a GSX since AWD will save you alot of money in the long run :dsm:

:thumb:

but the exterior does look great tho....doing a full carfax report will show if the car has been in a wreck....possibly salvaged title, blah blah

thats a sexy looking car.. i take it thats not the original paint..
for a 1999 thats a good price.. fwd or not.. if u can live without AWD.. and id say pick it up. just make sure not just the outside is koo.. but the engine and everythign else. clean title etc..

damn that's a super sexy car. I say get it if you can live with the front wheel drive. I know I couldn't. My car is for sale! LOL. Not quite as clean as that though! Good luck:thumb:

Thanks for the replies. Yeah the guy didnt really have any details on the car either. So if anyone can tell me wut i should ask and wut i should look for while lookin at the car that would be great. Im excited about getting this car. Im not a hardcore racer, but i do want my car to be clean and fast enough to smoke some people so FWD is fine with me.

I'd buy it in a heart beat just because all of the 99 turbos I see are near 12,000. That color is great too. As long as it's got a clear past and is in good mechanical condition, I'd jump on it.

Looks real clean.Id buy it,just race AWDs from a roll;)

Did eclipses ever come in blue?? Nice color. Thats a damn good deal if you ask me. Something is suspicious about it tho. That price seems too low and thats more than likley an aftermarket paint job.. check the door jams to see if its the same color. Also if it is a new paint job.. make sure its a GOOD one opposed to a cheap maaco one.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back