The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

99 gst(AWD swapped)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have a 99 GST as well, been thinking about a awd swap. Not sure if it would be better to get a roller GSX and swap my longblock into it. Your thoughts?

Have a 99 GST as well, been thinking about a awd swap. Not sure if it would be better to get a roller GSX and swap my longblock into it. Your thoughts?

I didn't do the swap, I bought it without a long block, axles, and drivetrain. I personally think of your shell is clean and you have modified it to your liking then an AWD is a great option. I was working with a rusty shell and came to the point where it was more cost efficient to swap the good parts to a clean shell over having body work done.

It was a lot more work than it seems stripping a perfectly running car and all the mods to a new shell. I had to swap the entire hvac and dash, my entire master polyurethane suspension, and other odds and ends, plus clean and paint things I was transferring.

I think swapping just the awd in would of been less hours, but I didn't do it so I'm going off of how easy it was striping the awd components off of my old shell. I now have an extra lsd rear end, rear axles, driveshaft, and tank.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back