The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

99 eclipse rs (420a) upgrade ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearkinz

Probationary Member
Aug 27, 2011
Gratis, Ohio
Hello,

I posted a thread this morning and got great responses and I am headed in the right direction with my eclipse. I have an RS and wanted to do a swap to 4g63 but it just doesnt seem reasonable without spending $4,000+ on it. I am replacing my clutch/throwout bearing next weekend and the weekend after that Id like to start building up the engine. It is totally stock and I am looking for a starting place to help me educate myself and learn the hobby. This is my first project and I want to learn how to do the work myself so I am looking for something that will give great HP boosts without getting too far in-depth technicality wise.

Ultimately Id like to end up with a turbo on my 420a and an upgraded fuel pump and BOV. But I know it is gonna take more than a stock engine to support that so where do I start guys?

I have money I intend to put into this each week so this isnt a wishlist just more of a timeline and a stepping stone project to help me learn.

I intend to document my progress eventually. Week 1 - clutch replacement/throwout bearing, Week 2- ???

Oh wow PERFECT. I searched like 420a upgrades etc... o nthe forums and didnt find anything. Thankssssss I love this place.

Anytime. Although i think you should have searched a little harder. This same question comes up a lot. Good luck. And make sure you do a lot of research before you do any mods.

Just keep the engine stock until you decide to turbo it. Your not going to see any noticable hp gains from just bolt on parts, trust me I have all the basic bolt on's. Get your clutch fixed and them maybe get yourself a nice set of wheels.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back