The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2G 99 Eclipse GSX not running right after sitting for 5 years

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strill_

Probationary Member
Feb 28, 2022
orlando, Florida
I bought a 1999 eclipse gsx that has been sitting for 5 years and im trying to get it running but the car doesn't feel or run right. I got new spark plugs and wires, new oil and a new walbro 255 fuel pump because the old one was really bad. The car starts up just fine but after a minute the car starts dying out and idling really low. After a driving it for a bit the engine light comes up, I ran the code and it says there's an issue with the MAP sensor so I ordered a new one but I have feeling that's not the only issue.

here's a video of the car running

Lot of missing information since you're new here. You should fill out your car profile.

What is your familiarity with DSMs or turbo cars in general?
What is the overall condition of the car for being 20+ years old and is it modified?
Does the car have DSMLink and have you checked out the tune?
Have you done a boost leak test and checked the condition of all the rubber hoses?
Have you checked the IC Piping for damage and the condition of the couplers?
BISS screw properly set? Inspected for O-ring damage?

The map sensor on your car from the factory will not change how the car runs, its for emissions checks only. It seems like when it comes down from cold idle it starts to die, you might not have the base idle set high enough if its been messed with at any point in the cars life.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back