The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A 99 Eclipse 420a cyls 3 and 4 injectors don't seem to be firing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SgtGoldfish

Probationary Member
Jul 22, 2021
Marksville, Louisiana
So cylinder 3 and 4 injectors not giving signal no pulse

car has rough idle idles then quickly shuts off

not crank angle sensor
we did test volt
We swapped injectors
New ecu
All cylinders giving great spark
Its not the fuel pump it works
We tested the wiring its all good
Like i said idk what could be the problem
If anybody has a fuel injector diagram i could see why its not recieving signal

When i got turbo for it ran fine for some reason but i just went stock and now this

Last edited:
maybe the new ECU is faulty? you probably got it used? also I would change the injector wiring harness too, you can seperate it from engine harness, if you need one, I have one

did you check the wires between the ecu and the injectors? have you check the resistance of the injectors? should be around 12 ohms.

if you have voltage on the black/red wires at each injector, the injectors are all reading around 12 ohms and the wires have continuity between each injector and the ecu, it has to be the ecu.

maybe the new ECU is faulty? you probably got it used? also I would change the injector wiring harness too, you can seperate it from engine harness, if you need one, I have one
Theres no way its the ECU my 2 ECUs did the same thing nothing changed

did you check the wires between the ecu and the injectors? have you check the resistance of the injectors? should be around 12 ohms.

if you have voltage on the black/red wires at each injector, the injectors are all reading around 12 ohms and the wires have continuity between each injector and the ecu, it has to be the ecu.
We’ve done that already not it

hard reset, I have fixed thousands of cars just by doing that, my old man taught that to me, simply unplug your terminal cables from battery, put them together with zip ties or tape or just hold them together, I normally let them just sit there zipped tied together for 30minutes and take a cup of coffee, that will erase dtc history and drain capacitors making ECU do a hard reset, just make sure that terminals won't touch battery terminals, this is an old school method

If anybody has a fuel injector diagram i could see why its not recieving signal

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back