The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

99 3000gt style bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The 3000GT bumper has a lot of similarities to the 2GB's. Eliminate the divider between the fog light and the duct and you've basically have it. Obviously you would want to add material to give it a finished look, like the air duct hole. Adding fiberglass (or whatever people use to build onto bumpers) around the center opening would give that extra depth the 3000GT has that our cars don't. I'm no fabricator, just my .02

I like it. I could build one out of a gb. It wouldn't be to hard just take some time and I can get new bumbers. For around a $100.

Let us know how the final project comes out! :D

I seriously think the 3kgt front is one of the BEST (if not the best) fronts ever on a car. I've thought about this for a while actually for an eclipse. But after that photoshop, I think I'll reconsider. The only way I can see it working very well is if the front lights were changed as well. But I'm sure once someone mocks up a photoshop of that, it'll lead to me saying "Only way I can see it working is if the back was changed as well" until finally, you might as well have a 3kgt LOL.

There was an absolute perfect condition 99 3k here for 2500, checked it out and right before i was going to buy it, someone else did. But the easiest way would be customizing our stock bumpers to the 3k style. But i wouldnt recommend it unless you have extra bumpers on the side.

Maybe this idea:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
HAHAHAHA!!!! I remember on 3si when everyone was doing the different front ends this was one of the styles. They also did it with a 2010 eclipse front end too. Nice find. I considered doing this with my VR4 but then I woke up LOL.

Heres the 2g with an evo 10 front end. Ive never liked the black bar going across the middle on the new generation mitsus, its too big or something.

Attachments

• thCAAU6T1V.jpg
    thCAAU6T1V.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 517
To make that bumper fit it would need to be cut as the body for a 3k is about 73 inches wide and the 2g eclipse is 68.5 inches. besides the cut for the lights and all the other differences to have to chop a $400 bumper that is already hard to find due to 3k owners buying them up for 99 conversions makes no sense to me personally. if your doing it for looks a 2gb talon bumper looks better than this would and for performance a cut stock bumper will actually be better as the 99 bumpers opening isnt as big as it looks. i thought the same thing till i did a 99 bumper on my 3k

To make that bumper fit it would need to be cut as the body for a 3k is about 73 inches wide and the 2g eclipse is 68.5 inches. besides the cut for the lights and all the other differences to have to chop a $400 bumper that is already hard to find due to 3k owners buying them up for 99 conversions makes no sense to me personally. if your doing it for looks a 2gb talon bumper looks better than this would and for performance a cut stock bumper will actually be better as the 99 bumpers opening isnt as big as it looks. i thought the same thing till i did a 99 bumper on my 3k

That and the fact that the 2GB Eclipse is already pretty 3kGT-esque.

That and the fact that the 2GB Eclipse is already pretty 3kGT-esque.
It also reminds me of the late 90s-early 2000 Camaros. Catfish, hooo!

I like them all, by the way. The 2Gb and 3kGT are just too similar for me to be able to justify messing with either one. The Evo X bumpers are quite interesting on DSMs though. Looks slicker on a 2G, makes the 1G look like a box (rather than the wedge it is, LOL) but it's still cool.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back