The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A 99 2g power window drivers gets stuck half way up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsmhuman

Probationary Member
Sep 12, 2019
Vancouver, Washington
Hello! I’m trouble shooting my 2g eclipse power window issue. Was fixing a non rolling down window, put a new (used) motor on the regulator, put the regulator back in, lubed up the rails. Have two power switches for testing.
window rolls down no problem now.
But when I try to roll it up, it’s like the front section of the window binds on something,
It rolls about 30% of the way up, but the front section doesn’t want to go up, so I have to reach into the door. And manually lift that section of the window while activating the up function on the switch. When I go to lift it, the section will shift upward a bit as if it was hung up on something, before it rolls the rest of the way up. How do I fix this? Lol, I just want functioning power windows smh.

I would check the regulator rails. Sounds like it may possibly be bent in such a way that down is clear, and up is not. Maybe part of it is loose and the rails shift position depending on window direction.
That's likely correct. I had the same issue in my SN95 Mustang. Nothing a Pull-A-Part run couldn't fix.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back