The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECUflash 98 Spyder GST Definitions and Can you use GST ROM on GST SPYDER ECU (ECUFLASH)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HadesOmega

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 5, 2002
408, California
So me and tonyspyder were trying to get ecuflash to work with his car, its a 98 GST Spyder. The best I can do for him without possibly bricking it is to download the rom then use the continue without definition option and saving the rom file. Without the definitions we can't read the rom or modify it with ecuflash. So we need a 98 GST Spyder definition to work with the stock rom.

NOW if its possible I was thinking we could just use a 98 GST rom file, since its mostly the same. But I want to get some input from other turbo spyder tuners that use ecuflash. What do you do? Just flash it with a different rom. I was very close to doing it but he was a long ways from home and if I did it and the car didn't run he'd be stuck.

I know they two cars are very similar but there was something different with the fuel system between the GST and GST Spyder. Something to do with the fuel pump relay.

The fuel pump relay uses 1-5v unlike other gst's. Using a 98 gst def will have no effect on this. Its the same ROM. Ive been using the 98 gst def on my 98 spyder with no problems.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back