The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

98 Gsx

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryda85

Probationary Member
Dec 7, 2002
Staten Island, New_York
ok the local dealer is askin 17,900 for this eclipse..its a 98 gsx with 21,000 miles. all options included and a 3 month warenty. he sed i can also have a 3 year bumper to bumper warenty for 800. should i get this car..is he asking too much? please lemme kno..thanks.

CLICK HERE FOR PICS OF THE CAR

i have the same car for sale, except its automatic and has 96000 miles and Im asking 9 grand for it,
17900 in my opionion is definatelly too much, by about 7 grand

and u think i can find a 98 gsx wit only 20,000 miles for 11,000 at a dealership? the car is practically brand new

Personally I am sure you could talk him down a little. Depending on the area, a GSX my be hard to find. The miles are great. See what kind of title it has. I think a good price for that area would be around 15k. No more than 15,200. Go to www.kbb.com and get an estimate like I did. Then take the kbb page with you and say here, I will pay this. You may get it or he may say he will find some sucker that will. Don't pay 17K for it though.

you might be able to talk him down, but if you can't...i personally would still buy it. i mean a GSX is hard as hell to find, not to mention one with low miles and unmodded. go for it before someone else gets it.

way to much ... i would get a 1st gen and mod the poo out of it for like under 5g and have a fast car...

I think that they are asking way too much, the car is 5 years old. I think that a decent deal would be about 12 grand at the most.

Originally posted by Andydg
I think that they are asking way too much, the car is 5 years old. I think that a decent deal would be about 12 grand at the most.

Like I said, go to www.kbb.com and look it up for his area. You can get for the book value, your not gonna STEAL the dayum thing.

And to the other, if he wanted a 1G i am sure he would have looked one up.

thanks u all...i m gunna see if i can talk him down 2morrow...ill let u kno how it goes

i think its worth at least a good 15,000. it is a low mile 5-speed gsx and dealer's are known to charge more than if you buy a car from a person.

ask him his policy about the warranty and modding the car. if you plan on modding ur car that warranty may go void real quick so you might want to save that $800.

i have the same car for sale, except its automatic and has 96000 miles and Im asking 9 grand for it,
17900 in my opionion is definatelly too much, by about 7 grand
your car has 4.5x the number of miles on it. 21,000 miles is almost BRAND NEW.

Originally posted by InferiorWang
ask him his policy about the warranty and modding the car. if you plan on modding ur car that warranty may go void real quick so you might want to save that $800.

He doesn't need to mention that. I wouldn't metion it.... All he need to do is keep the stock stuff till the warrenty is up. If anything goes wrong, then he has the stuff to put it back st####, It's a short time, so it really won't matter.

i asked him that..he sed jus to save my stock parts and if sumthin goes wrong jus put the old stuff bak on..and the warrenty is nation wide so i can go to any mitsu. dealer and they will fix it for free

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back