The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 98 gsx with what appears to be minor surface rust?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mustard95tsi

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 1, 2012
Lusby, Maryland
Alright well like my title states I'm looking for peoples opinions on tackling rust(surface rust areas). The interior of the car on the drivers side does seem to have a good bit of surface rust but taking a blade to it and scratching easily showed bare metal. I have this same issue with a good few spots on my under carriage as well. Now I know I will be wire wheeling it off and can provide photos of the said rust tomorrow for further help. My question Is I've seen a few threads talk about this but nobody ever really chimes in with what they used and how it turned out after they have tackled the said project. So I'm simply asking what did you use to combat surface rust and what was your outcome? Any help would be awesome and like I said i will provide photos tomorrow.

Thanks

Wire wheel, sanding/flap disc, or even a 3M nylon stripper wheel will work well. All depends on how pitted the sheet metal is. Follow up with some self etching primer, and top coat.

Thanks man. I was really debating POR15 but was seeing mixed reviews as some was saying they were having issues with flaking right off. Ill attach photos after work tonight so you all can see what im talking about

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back