The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

98 GSX with auto trans. Feels like has no power.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScSmooth

Proven Member
May 25, 2013
Climax, New_York
I have a 98 GSX with a auto trans. When I'm driving it has no power until like 2500 rpm. If I floor it, it's the same nothing until 2500 rpm.

My other issue is. When I'm just driving around. Not sure what causes this but the rpm jumps up and down. IE on the highway at 65mph. When I'm driving around town happens at 45mph. I have to get on and off the gas so it doesn't keep happening. If I stop everything go's back to normal.

Any ideas?

I was thinking the trans is shot but want to ask before I tell wife I need to buy one.

Mine was a dog too unless I held it in 1st because it would shift into 2nd almost immediately. It was also like a switch being flipped once it got into boost, totally different than a manual. Putting in a chipped tcu was hands down the best mod.

boost leak test and change out your A/T fluid. on a off chance are you running 87octain? cause my wife dint put 95 in my car for like a week and it kinda did the same thing untill i got all the water out of my tank and got all the crap gas out.

Thank, I'll check those out.

I did a oil change on it so far. I just got it and it only has 15k mile on it.

Like others have said is a boost leak test, also check of you have too little or too much transmission fluid

I swapped the TPS. It feels a lot better now. Now have to do the boost test. Thank you all for the help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back