The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

98 GSX Time Trial build

96dsmftw

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2011
Richmond, Kentucky
First off, that lap was awesome. Your car flies. Well done once again. What is the gauge on the top left of the center vent pod? I see it bouncing all over the place

gsxitement

Proven Member
Dec 9, 2002
DOBBS FERRY, New_York
First off, that lap was awesome. Your car flies. Well done once again. What is the gauge on the top left of the center vent pod? I see it bouncing all over the place
Thanks! So, that’s the oil pressure gauge. But before you freak out, the gauge is reading what the pick up is seeing. I have the accusump in the car so take what that gauge says with a grain of salt. Even with the moroso pan, with all the trap doors and stuff, still losing oil at the pickup. Something we’re going to work on during the off season.

96dsmftw

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2011
Richmond, Kentucky
Thanks! So, that’s the oil pressure gauge. But before you freak out, the gauge is reading what the pick up is seeing. I have the accusump in the car so take what that gauge says with a grain of salt. Even with the moroso pan, with all the trap doors and stuff, still losing oil at the pickup. Something we’re going to work on during the off season.
Thats what I thought it was. I too am wanting to figure out an oil pan that will keep the oil where it belongs. I am getting a buschur modified 6 bolt oil pan so I at least have something for now.

gsxitement

Proven Member
Dec 9, 2002
DOBBS FERRY, New_York
Thats what I thought it was. I too am wanting to figure out an oil pan that will keep the oil where it belongs. I am getting a buschur modified 6 bolt oil pan so I at least have something for now.
The accusump was by far the best investment in engine longevity I made. No more dry starts and oil pressure being fed to the motor at all times, regardless of what’s happening in the pan. I want to do the Frontline oil pump setup, and that’ll be the last step before going full dry sump.

gsxitement

Proven Member
Dec 9, 2002
DOBBS FERRY, New_York
Got a very cool package the other day. Can’t wait to get it in the car and add some cooling to the trans as well. Gotta do everything to keep the trans happy.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

gsxitement

Proven Member
Dec 9, 2002
DOBBS FERRY, New_York
Happy 22 years with the old girl!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds