The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Street Build 98 GSX auto 600hp build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You need to upgrade the intake mani and perhaps get a bigger turbo to run 600hp reliably though. That is one of the nicest 2g I've seen though and for 1k wow!!!

That was my problem. I had to hold the E-brake and it would still inch forward. After these brakes have broken in ill post about how they hold up. Have you heard of the CTSV brake swap? Might be an option for you.

I can weld and was actually going to build a custom mani but decided it would be a lot easier and actually less expensive to buy an eBay one and fix it as needed.

I want to wait till i get my head ported to get a intake mani but i will eventually get one. I have a gt3076R that i will pick up at SEMA in a couple days. That turbo is good for 630 i believe.

Its true i got a killer deal on this car! The guy was sick of trying to figure it out and just gave up. He just told me once i get it running good to give him a ride

Says 600hp build so figured to let you know your options but yes the smaller Garrett or the hx40(better Imhop) would be great for that. Hx40 would get you to 600 hp and be great for autox!

Thanks for letting me know. My boss has some gt35r's so id probably go that way. I'm keeping it a high revving 2.0 so i can keep it above 5k most of the track but once it goes below that i feel like the turbo will fall on its face.

So I got my turbo and its pretty freaking sexy! Started installing it today and ran into some problems. The waste gate flange puts the waste gate too far over and it hits the power steering bottom bolt. So i had to cut that down and re-weld it. The radiator fan set up is going to be very close if not touching the turbo so ill have to deal with that. The upper radiator hose is close to the manifold. (thought i'd throw in my custom bandage job too)
IMAG0509.jpg IMAG0510.jpg IMAG0511.jpg IMAG0512.jpg

Just finished up the fab work and got it all mounted. Should be up and running tomorrow. Cut back the wastegate tube so i could have a little more clearance.
IMAG0516.jpg IMAG0517.jpg IMAG0518.jpg IMAG0520.jpg IMAG0521.jpg

Haven't posted in a while because i've been really busy and not had much time to work on my car. I totaled up how much i have spent on the car and it is just over 3k(not including the cost of the car). It has taken a lot of hours which is the most expensive part of these cars. I'll try to have my lowering springs on my this weekend.

I have been tuning the car and i can't fine tune it until i have a fpr because the stock one cant bypass enough fuel and its really hard to get the idle perfect.

Just got my FPR a few days ago! I can finally start driving my car like it deserves!
Got my prothane kit installed and the lowering kit installed. Also sandblasted and painted some stuff but forgot to take pics.
IMAG0570.jpg
IMAG0580.jpg
IMAG0573.jpg IMAG0574.jpg IMAG0578.jpg

Yesterday night I installed my COMP cams, put a new valve cover on with a catch can system. I made one of those timing tensioner tools and it saved me sooo much time! It took me 30 minutes to change my cams! I'm going to make a few for my local buddies.
6ac58948-6f6a-4740-b2cd-50386e846242.jpg 33adffb5-4f5e-4d58-a436-20d703939bbb.jpg 1adbe975-5a9c-4a24-ae40-f310492c0a08.jpg b51de1cc-edd2-4cb5-ae89-ee028fbcd041.jpg a80035b2-8852-4e0a-8e9d-222f0e5d6fdb.jpg
I pulled the old spark plugs while I was at it because i have been getting a misfire code and I wanted to see what they said about the car.
78f13f8a-b3d4-443b-9542-77ab5e0e8d8f.jpg
Looks like cylinder 2 isn't sparking or the injector is staying open for some reason. They are BPR6EIX I just bought some BPR8ES to put in.

Just checked the gaps on those plugs(from the owner before me) and they are so small I can't fit the tool in to measure them! She is really gonna like these new plugs.

Ordered manley turbo tuff 156mm rods with wiseco evo HD2 9:1 pistons.
ARP main studs, 1/2" boostin head studs, Balance shaft removal kit, DW 2200 injectors.
Kiggley main girdle, kiggley flex plate for 1g-2g, Custom torque converter.
GSC billet 274/274 cams, GSC high rev springs.

Can't wait to run this engine! :hellyeah:
Hopefully she will go 9's

Just finished installing some deatschworks billet 2200cc high-z injectors. These are awesome! If anyone wants some pm me and I can get you a good deal on them.
IMAG1292.jpg
IMAG1282.jpg IMAG1283.jpg IMAG1284.jpg IMAG1286.jpg IMAG1287.jpg IMAG1288.jpg IMAG1289.jpg

It's going to be a compound setup. That turbo is a GT35 that gets bypassed by the 60mm wastegate when it makes 24psi over what the air going into it is. The bypassed exhaust will go to a borg warner S400 that will blow into the GT35 and be regulated by the 40mm wastegate.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back