The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

98 GST rescue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tune is scheduled for Saturday!

I ordered Hallman Pro RX MBC from MAPERFORMANCE today. Hopefully it’s here so I don’t have to postpone the tune.

im going to try and run down some of the older E85 and add as much fresh as I could. I’m on close to 1/4 tank on the “old” stuff, it’s about a month and a half old.
I have a couple of clamps I was missing for the intake pipe to install.

Everything should be pretty well sorted : but I’ll make sure to check it over before the tune

BOV Popped off during tune.
Before I stopped driving it a few weeks back, I tried adjusting the clutch pedal. Clutch seems to be not fully engaging on the high rpm’s. I tried replacing the clutch slave. And bleeding it throughly as well as adjusting again. Can’t seem to narrow the issue.

my problem now is car is running great with the tune… I need to make sure the power makes it to the ground.
E dyno was off the charts on evoscan due to tires and clutch slipping. I would guess 375-400 @ 20psi

2924EE44-1E47-47AA-9845-4974449206EF.jpeg

24E06048-1CBE-4605-AEAC-D5B0FFFD38D1.jpeg

9A867861-4E10-4E0F-AD30-0D6C93F0AD20.jpeg

Got roasted for my water bottle catch can LOL. I’m planning on using the aluminum brazing rods to attach the bungs to the VC. Can’t decide between gloss red or wrinkle red or… wrinkle blue. Probably wrinkle or gloss red. I almost* want to shave it flat too so it doesn’t say 16 valve DOHC… thoughts?

D0276BE0-8A62-4F9A-9796-678E827A0E8C.png

Got roasted for my water bottle catch can LOL. I’m planning on using the aluminum brazing rods to attach the bungs to the VC. Can’t decide between gloss red or wrinkle red or… wrinkle blue. Probably wrinkle or gloss red. I almost* want to shave it flat too so it doesn’t say 16 valve DOHC… thoughts?

View attachment 647081
Seller on EBay flaked on me for the can. Ordered the exact same one from Amazon. The delay will stop me from knocking ir out this weekend. If the bungs get here I may start it I’ll probably pull the valve cover and cut and paint it.

ill be playing with the clutch this weekend for sure

Well it’s starting to look like I had hoped it would.
I went with gloss red over wrinkle (matte) red. There’s still texture from the wrinkle black underneath. It’s fine. I trimmed the cam gear cover (adjustment bolts from the AEM gears were rubbing), i think it looks kinda cool.
The 10an braided nylon lines still need to be made. I can’t fit the catch can anywhere. It’s too tall! It may end up right where it’s at in the picture.

B0ADB387-FF40-4497-9F42-4813315A5E5E.jpeg

30F8D107-252A-413E-A053-D92E3326D635.jpeg

I need to bleed/adjust the clutch. I wanted it to be cleaned up a bit. It’s killing me to see it out of the garage- even under a cover.

Oh… and the water pipe is hissing… turbo may need to come out for a patch job. It’s the hard pipe coming from the pump to the t stat housing. Took finesse to fit the turbo. It either cracked or rubbed through. It’s probably rubbed a Pin hole through

hey man clean car! if you do the relocation for the battery to the trunk, you should be able to fit the catch can where the battery used to be! and it would be alittle cleaner!

Thank you. I hate to say I’ve lost alot of steam on this project as of late. Personal and work life has been hectic. I’ve thought of selling and moving on. But I know I’ll hate myself for it later.
Cold weather and a new pup won’t help. But I’m looking forward to spring and being able to really take the car out as well as work on it

CE971DED-77EA-4569-9CB9-94F82B1FDB54.jpeg

You’re not alone man. Trust me, I took my car apart in 2019 and have had one thing after another keep me away.

Just park the car and keep on taking care of your priorities. You’ll get back around to enjoying it. There’s no 350Z out there that’s as nice as what you already have in your DSM!!

Welp, the epoxy didn’t hold.
Took it to cars and coffee today, ran great. Still shifting funny. But otherwise is golden.

Going to have to get the VC welded. The bungs aren’t long enough to really wedge in and be held. $80 is what I was quoted. Seems steep. But I’ll price around. I have the time to wait. I’m in no hurry.

A2C246F6-31E9-44B8-BC21-3D1BD20E07D3.jpeg

69EC4DE9-C976-4BF4-8F68-8175F159864E.jpeg

D46CDB3C-8418-4B92-8444-37A09077591F.jpeg

DC113751-72EB-480C-A92B-1F6AD4553A74.jpeg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back