The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

98 GST rescue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Still enjoying the car.

im going to order a boost controller and work on a better coolant overflow. Also a catch can set up.

I still love my white wheels. Don’t mind cleaning them every other drive

B978A83A-9C62-425F-95A3-A16FCC6B7756.jpeg

770A5F58-A6CE-46C1-905A-A49D3D7073C8.jpeg

8EC3C785-1187-4F4B-B13A-09C5D79E9E5C.jpeg

ADA9A324-CE98-4A9A-B059-CA5FDFD09644.jpeg

Picked up an FP intake and Ordered my FP Green!
Been a pricey week for sure. But I’m hoping to break 350-375hp to the wheels with this set up on e85 (which I’m currently already on).
It’s a fair and conservative estimate.

In the meantime I’ll ceramic coat the header and intake. I’m planning to brighten up the engine bay a little bit

I’m thinking:
-wrinkle red valve cover, and I actually like it “shaved”
-paint my fuse box cover black or wrap it in carbon
-polishing or ceramic coating my charge pipes ( I understand thermal dynamic benefits, but I hate chrome)
-painting little odds and ends. Aesthetically I would love a white strut bar

9B354680-99BE-4BFD-9CC6-C864179642DB.jpeg

Been busy with other projects, but it’s ok. FP green is on back order for about 3-4 more weeks. I’m in no rush. I want to do it all right and at once.

here’s a bobber build I’ve started: 06 Kaw’ Vulcan 500
The other is an off-road teardrop: full custom w/ 3500lb independent axle.

0BDA6375-1245-43EB-80C0-19561597CB00.jpeg

54A75683-89A1-4F83-8AAC-20803F66C2A4.jpeg

FP STILL ON BACKORDER… MAPERFORMANCE has been cool tho. They sent me a hat and a hoodie.
I’m finished my bobber and my trailer.

For the DSM: I’ve been keeping and eye out for seats. I’ve been running about 20lbs on the Small 16g and e85. She feels great. I think the FP Green will be the “cherry on top” of this build though. I plan to port things like the mani and o2 housing. While all taken apart. I need a turbo side gasket kit. I would also like an inline oil filter for the turbo.
I wonder what else I should do.I have an SS oil feed coming from the housing already. I’ve considered a tubular o2 housing. I do need a new oil return line.
I guess now is as good a time as any to order these things.

View attachment 633092

View attachment 633093

Sold the bobber got a naked. This thing is quick. Factory numbers says 12.2 standing quarter mile! It’s going to take a little modernization to make it better to look at.

oh and the turbo came in!!
ive picked up nearly $2k worth of FP everything. It’s cool. But I kinda wish I could hawk it to someone who doesn’t want to wait for 10 weeks for a small profit. I better install it before I chicken out !

B8A95F68-A2EB-48A7-810E-D7E5043F0E04.jpeg

36C66706-FF00-495B-BECC-C32DB16F8EB9.jpeg

Not shown here, I also painted the turbine housing.
I used VHT ceramic paint. Rated for 2000*… we’ll see.
I also picked up the gaskets, oil feed filter from FP. I need to order the inlet pipe couplers. And figure if I’ll need a 90 from the turbo to IC pipes

31CFD640-50A3-47F0-AF8C-61E81E449EF8.jpeg

20A92CAE-8993-4B31-96AC-F1D246114A89.jpeg

Long due update :
- I have literally everything but the manifold to turbo bolts. I think I’ll pick some up this weekend.

got another bike, I’m head over heals for it. Also have been focusing on self care more than other projects with my time.
But I feel I should install this turbo soon and sell my 16g stuff before I loose interest. It make spark a whole new love. I ran it for a while and kept the battery on charge while working around the garage.

I wish I had some good coverage for it. Sadly I moved it out of the garage. I made room for the bike and want to make the work area more useable with the bench. I’ll also be bringing a drill press and some other old tools out of my grandpas garage. I’m the only one to use them anyways. Keep his memory alive!

9FF17FDC-F0F6-4394-8C73-1DCB29A67EDC.jpeg

Sold the bobber got a naked. This thing is quick. Factory numbers says 12.2 standing quarter mile! It’s going to take a little modernization to make it better to look at.

oh and the turbo came in!!
ive picked up nearly $2k worth of FP everything. It’s cool. But I kinda wish I could hawk it to someone who doesn’t want to wait for 10 weeks for a small profit. I better install it before I chicken out !

View attachment 635276

View attachment 635277
my fp green and manifold took about 3 weeks also (finally got it last month), i was so pissed LOL

I ordered it in the midst of “everything is on back order” . I actually considered selling it to someone who wanted it a little faster. But I’ve been sitting on it since. Literally just picked up the mani-turbo hardware just now.
The goal is to bolt the assembly together and then drop it in.

Late to the thread but read every post. Car looks amazing. Love the red with white rims.

Late to the thread but read every post. Car looks amazing. Love the red with white rims.
Thanks Dude LOL.

FP green yet to be installed. Maybe I’ll get in on and have her tuned for Christmas present.

I came across a couple of Clarion Amps. I’m thinking of new speakers for the 6.5’s and 6x9’s and running them powered for a good radio. Maybe then I’ll be more dawn to using her- thus wanting to work on her.

I REALLY need to get it tuned and running without a CEL so I can register it

Thanks! I was holding out for a spyder, but the guy wanted $750 and it was full of mice. and the window was left down for a year. It was tempting because otherwise it was complete 5 speed with everything intact (ac, cruise, completely stock).
In the end I kept this chassis because it was cheaper to keep her LOL. It came out good enough. If I came across a spyder or a 350z convertible or something like that… I would be interested in a trade.
Quite a nice save on this spyder. Also digging the off road teardrop camper.

Some notes on the install…
I had to use all the fittings off my 16g. Which was cool because I had them. Would have sucked to have to source everything. It would have been nice to new banjos for the coolant lines.
Speaking of coolant.. I was pretty disgusted with the coolant that came out of the car. A lot of sediment was on the rad cap and overflow catch. I took the opportunity to flush the coolant system and was out the radiator a few times before topping it off with new coolant. Also one of my coolant hardlines had slightly cracked when being bent to go around the new turbo.

I changed the oil too. I had to drain it for the install. But I ran fresh oil that I had laying around just to flush it out. Then changed it again after a few minutes of run time. Kinda wasteful. But it was an open gallon I had on the shelf for a few months and I wanted the Turbo to have every opportunity for clean abs fresh oil. Also I used a basting syringe to prime the turbo before installing.

actual install and removal was easier for me because I don’t have AC. Also my intercooler pipes bolted right up. I did have a few fitment issues… the water pipe that sits behind the manifold had to be “dented”. I understand this is pretty common. I took my time and was careful. But it was a little nerve wrecking since these are getting harder to come by. and I didn’t have one readily available if things went south. Luckily it all worked out. I also had issues with the down pipe bolting up. I had to slot one side and used a big washer to make sure the bolt will hold.

all this took me a few hours longer than expected. I was taking my time and being careful with hardware. I had to pull the coolant line and used epoxy to hold me off for new hardlines. Fortunately it was the one in the front so I only had to pull the radiator and intake to remove it for the repair.

FC46E6F2-35F1-4A31-8DE8-7B27566277FC.jpeg

75F8E124-37D1-44DB-8BD3-8F414F4FFCF8.jpeg

Thanks! I was holding out for a spyder, but the guy wanted $750 and it was full of mice. and the window was left down for a year. It was tempting because otherwise it was complete 5 speed with everything intact (ac, cruise, completely stock).
In the end I kept this chassis because it was cheaper to keep her LOL. It came out good enough. If I came across a spyder or a 350z convertible or something like that… I would be interested in a trade.

Unsure why I said spyder.. think I've been in spyderland too much lately. Convertibles are nice sometimes, but mainly with ample garage space, which is my current problem. High wind storms here always seem to get past the seals.

The FP setup looks like it'll be a blast!

Unsure why I said spyder.. think I've been in spyderland too much lately. Convertibles are nice sometimes, but mainly with ample garage space, which is my current problem. High wind storms here always seem to get past the seals.

The FP setup looks like it'll be a blast!
I used to have a spyder. Loved it. Only sold it to buy a civic and build my credit up to buy a house like 10 years ago. I want a convertible to play around with. My mom has an old MG I’ll get around to building one day. Mainly I want to build an X roll bar.

just took the FP set up for a drive. It sounds good but more mellow than the 16g. Lag is barely noticeably delayed. Can’t wait to turn it up and get it tuned

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back