The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

98 GST no fire to 2&3 cylinders

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bargerboy05

Probationary Member
Dec 14, 2010
Coaling, Alabama
ok i have a stumper for you!!
i was driving my car down the road and the car kinda shook and just cut off and would not crank back up for anything. I got the car home and ran a computer on it and the codes called for a crank sensor so i replaced it and the spark plugs, still no crank. then we come to the conclusion the car wasnt firing but on 2 cylinders and they were cylinders 2 and 3 so we thought it was a coil so i replaced that and still no fire to cylinders 1 and 4 so that was pointless and didnt crank. i couldnt figure anything out then finally thought about the ignition controle module so i took everything apart and got the new part and pluged everything back up temporary just to see if it brought back the fire to the cylinders and it did to all 4. so i thought i had fixed my problems and bolted everything back up and started the car and it actually crank but sounded rough so we pulled the coil wires off while it was running and it was still only firing on 2 cylinders again but this time 1 and 4 were firing and 2 and 3 wernt fireing anymore and nothing was changed from when i temporary plugged all the new parts up and all 4 cylinders fired except now everything was in its actual place. so i thought about it alot more and only had one more sensor so i went ahead and replaced the cam sensor just to be safe and still nothing but did make it run a little smoother on the 2 cylinders LOL....so now im stuck and out of options..any ideas? the car has a crane cam fire ball ignition box on it but its wired corectly and working fine.

English; use it.

Closed due to the other post in Newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back