The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

General 98 Galant 4G64 Chip recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluegill64

Probationary Member
Dec 4, 2020
Burgin, Kentucky
98 Galant 4G64 stock racing dirt oval, I see OBD plug in chips that unleash power. Any recommendations?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The topic is bit of a stretch for this forum but lets start with what ECU do you have? The 98 DSM's had a Black Box ECU that was flashable and depending on what you have there might be other options.

Nice circle track car. I got a few myself. You may already know this but before adding any power you want to make sure your gearing/tire size is correct. Most tracks you want to be running 2nd gear and you want to be able to come as close as possible to the rev limiter before you lift going into the corner. As far as something plugging into your OBD port and adding power unless its several hundred dollars it's highly doubtful that it does anything. The sell similar devices that are supposed to improve MPG which have been tested and do absolutely nothing.

If you have your gearing correct and you want to add some real power you'll have to look at internal engine modifications. The best thing to do would really be to deck the block a little to bump compression (you may have to have larger valve releifs cut in the pistons when you do thing) also polish the cylinder head ports and maybe add some larger cams.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back