The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

98 eclipse running lean at 4000 rpms

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

222deuce222

Proven Member
Mar 10, 2014
culpeper, Virginia
my 98 eclipse that I just bought and it cuts out like it over rev at 4000 rpms and when I ease into the car it will open up fine. I have no idea what it could be but my car is turbo ( greddy) ( s-afc II controller) could be a boost leak or something. I also need help with this same problem. I'm new to this and bought the car with everything installed in maryland a week ago. Its not running like it has bad gas or bad spark plugs either.

anyone have a idea of some good settings for my car or where i can find some settings for my safc II?

Start with basics run a boost leak check. If you dont know how youtube it there are plenty of turorials. And you need to be more specific whats the current set up ?

everything is stock i believe except the turbo greddy kit, it also has custom settings already on the s-arc controller too but i dont know how to use that either. I am very new to this stuff and kinda just jumped in. Im not for sure how many pounds of boost it is pushing either. Don't know how to see how many pounds because the greddy boost controller doesnt have numbers.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back