The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G 98 Eclipse GSX : Best Replacement Alternator Available in Current Market?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plcooke87

Probationary Member
Dec 18, 2021
Austin, Texas
What is the best quality replacement alternator available in the current market?

Vehicle - 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

TIA,
Patrick

After doing a lot of research I bought this from RockAuto.com 90A Mitsubishi Alternator & so far all's good. BBB Industries is the new electronics division of Remy. Remy used to be AC Delco's reman. sub before GM had to sell them off.

A good Galant 90Amp will be good as a direct replacement. Just get a good brand and should last you a long time

I work at a major auto parts seller.

The aftermarket ones are garbage. We are talking at best early 2000's remanufacturing and a part thats sit on a shelf for another 15 years. This is regardless of napa, oreilly, autozone etc.

I went through 3 different remanufactured ones, the first was dead on install, second barely made 12.5 volts, third had stripped mounting holes in jad to retap.

If you get a rebuilt one make sure it has a good warranty, that your oreillys or autozone will be understanding when you need a new one

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back