The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 98 eclipse gst no spark

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k1999to20

Probationary Member
Dec 19, 2011
murray, Kentucky
I just replace the motor in the car and was trying to start it today. The car just turns over but will not crank. I did the spark test and found out that its not getting any spark. I don't know what to do, I check all the plugs and make sure I have in the right place. I don't know if I could have a ground off or I need to replace the coil.

okay so if anyone checks this plz respond im having an issue i just recently swapped my engine cause my old one blew a hole in the old one but ive got everything connected and it still wont start it cranks and sounds fine but im not getting any spark i replaced with the same engine but im not sure what it is also i put the engine from a 99 in my 98

i kept both ecus and nope not even a light.

so, im not getting any power to my wiring harness and it wont allow my car to start

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... Did you check for any blown or loose relay? Another could be the ignition switch.

all of my relays are fine im not sure about the ignition switch but a friend of mine keeps talking about a problem with the alarm system saying that its not allowing the ecu to give power ive never heard about this but ive checked tons of things and im not getting any answers if anyone has anything it would help id like to get it started tomorrow

So I recently hooked up the battery backwards... I know it sounds like a really stupid mistake... but I did, the car has no spark, the car will turn over, it just will not start though, I've checked every possible thing, checking the resistance on the coil pack, I've checked all of the fuses including the fuses under the dash, checked the resistance of my plugs, i just bought a new coil pack, ignition wires and new spark plugs, I'm thinking it's the crankshaft position sensor, but I'm not sure, does anyone have some advice??

Are you getting a Check Engine Light when you turn the Key over? i had a problem kind of like yours and my ECU when out on me I was not getting power to my Fuel pump or and Sparks. but i could Turn it over just no fire. hope it helps :p
This is happening to me are you saying you ecu died on you

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back