The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

98 Eagle Talon - "Onyx"

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picked her up....love the color...almost made it home..65 miles short..having clutch issues...it started making noise,then started grabbing and jerking,as i was pulling over it kinda locked drivetrain up...smoke coming out of trans breather behind intake....called tow truck...got the car home...now since its cooled off i can move it but clutch is making noise.

Overall..car is very nice...clutch is getting replaced along with flywheel..no more xtd clutch....

Attachments

• 20131012_200310.jpg
    20131012_200310.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 82
Ross posted that pic on FB the other day and it made me sad. Good luck getting it fixed.

Upon further inspection. The smoke was coming out the transfercase breather...I went out todsy and it moved ..no noise from trans or clutch when clutch pedal pressed...no change in clutch pedal either...so I drove it around to see what it does....it started making bucking and smoke coming out of transfer case..I will pull it off tuesday and keep yall posted

Transfer case you say? When you find out what caused the failure let me know. That was a rebuilt transfer case. Maybe we can have it covered under it's rebuild.

Sorry to hear about that. That's totally out of left field. At least a TC is extremely easy to change out. She almost made an 800 mile trip, though.

Transfer case you say? When you find out what caused the failure let me know. That was a rebuilt transfer case. Maybe we can have it covered under it's rebuild.

Sorry to hear about that. That's totally out of left field. At least a TC is extremely easy to change out. She almost made an 800 mile trip, though.

you still suck for selling it.

Taking it apart today to see what's going on...I will keep you posted. Yea almost...LOL

Well at least someone appreciates her, and isn't going to run off and sell it for some fire-chicken.

Lol....

WTF:barf::ohdamn:

Just make it fast :aha::sneaky: !

Im gonna chill with setup in the car for the moment unless I get a crazy deal on another setup. I plan on cleaning up the undercarriage and undercoating it. Im basically about to go through the car, I will keep everyone updated and I will start my own thread. But she will be back on the road tomorrow. Im servicing the trans and rear for peace of mind.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back