The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

97 red gsx rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95weclipse

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 26, 2009
LaSalle, Illinois
Well my 97 gsx has 182k on her, and at 180k the t2slow decided to take a dump on me, well so I rebuilt my 14b and swapped it out, put my fuel lab afpr on, bought a wally 255, installed it, put my spare e prom computer in with ecm link in haven't really tuned it yet though looking into that, I had a oem timing belt laying around only 3 months old, so I put that on tensioner was good so reused that also had new oem pulleys so I used them, not 2 days later the water pump went out hahah should have known better LOL, so bought a life time warranty one from napa cause they where the only ones that could get one that day and still I missed a day of work:| I did not do a BS delete, so Ive gotten 3k miles on all of this so far and it started smoking yesterday, did a compression test this morning, 189 at number four 189 at number 3 170 at number 2 and 179 at number 1, all good for 182k, so I don't know whats up, I checked the turbo, seems perfect, no shaft play, but I think its number 2 cylinder, maybe, not sure could be the valve seals, but I think I am going to rebuild this 1g 7 bolt I have in my shed, and drop it in, but I want to use my 2g 7 bolt head, so I might just keep the 1g head till I can build the 2g head, then flip flop, yeah I know its twice the work but I cant seem to find a spare head and cant really afford it right now, So I am looking at top line pistons, I had good luck with them in the past, arp main, head, and rod bolts/studs, acl racing bearings, fel-pro gaskets, and stock valve train, have the block bored and honed and hot tanked, have the valves ground, head is already surfaced, valves need ground, and a quick exhaust port/polish, then flop the timing belt and motor mount stuff, also Ill put my hard UICP and greddy type s BOV on and 1g non turbo throttle body on it as well

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back