The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A 97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS torn off sensors.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole393

Probationary Member
Jun 13, 2022
Rogue River, Oregon
My dad recently bought me an eclipse for my first car. We only have Chevy's and GMC's right now so he isn't very sure on what the sensors go too. He had a guess for what they were input speed and output speed but they were below it.

So I was wondering if anyone knows what they go to.

Also sorry if this is long or goes off topic I haven't ever used a site like this. I can take better pics tomorrow I found a black widow.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please fill out a vehicle profile. Your pics are difficult to determine exactly where this is. Your car has a 420a chrysler motor. I am not overly familiar. There are versions of dealer software apps available and you can see exploded diagrams of everything.

Yep, need a profile. Also is the car running okay? If not, what's wrong?

An Eclipse as a first car is likely to be ... a challenge? But maybe you like those.

Unless you have what you think is a reliable maintenance history for the car one thing you and dad ought to do promptly is take a look at the timing belt. There's a black plastic cover on the passenger end of the top of the engine held in place by several bolts. With the engine off, remove that 'timing cover' and look at the timing belt. If it looks badly worn, has cracks, or any missing chunks of rubber plan to get it replaced ASAP. Other problems you can usually wait until they have symptoms to fix, but the first symptom of a timing belt failure can be a whole bunch of expensive engine damage.

Be VERY careful that nothing gets dropped in the hole created by taking that cover off. Should that ever happen whatever it is has to be removed before the engine is turned over.

Welcome to the clan! You're in the right place and you've used the site properly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back