The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 97' GSX not starting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karrade

Probationary Member
Apr 18, 2021
Clyde, North_Carolina
So I recently purchased a 97' Eclipse GSX, shortly after I got it home from a few hour long drive the shift fork snapped, destroyed the TOB sleeve, TOB, etc. Once all that was fixed by a local shop the car wouldn't start anymore unless ether was sprayed into it.

There was a 1-2 week period that the battery was disconnected till they got to it, not sure if that has anything to do with it but it's been disconnected for maintenance in the last and been fine. It cranks fine and like I said it'll start of starter spray/ether. It also has a super afc installed I believe if that makes a difference.

Any suggestions? I don't think it's the plugs given it starts with something to catch on and I don't think all 4 injectors died at the same time.

Can you verify you have fuel pressure from the fuel pump? Check your mpi fuses to see if they're good and check your fuel pump fuse to see if they removed it or it blew. Most DSMs have the fuel pump rewired by a previous owner with a fuse added in the back of the car.

It has a Fuel Labs fuel regulator and it's reading 0. So I have a feeling either the pump blew with the hot, cold, hot weather we've been having while it was sitting for 2 weeks waiting to be worked on or it's not getting power because a relay blew, haven't checked the relay yet but will do soon.

Thanks for the heads up about relocating the fuse! Is there any particular reason they normally get relocated?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back