The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

97 GSX Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

well i know how much i put into mine, and i bet im not too far off heh dont worry i wont drag it outa you LOL

For sure thanks man, I will tell you face to face though. Just not here. Looking back I probably shouldn't have told people how much the trans and motor cost when I was asked earlier in the thread. I don't want it to be about money, just enjoyment. The first thing out of most people is HOW MUCH WAS IT LOL...I can't stand that.

Ha wasn't tryin to bug the price out of you, I was just bein curious man. Do you have intentions on doing a full wire tuck or you just gonna leave it as is?

Ha wasn't tryin to bug the price out of you, I was just bein curious man. Do you have intentions on doing a full wire tuck or you just gonna leave it as is?

Oh I know man, you guys are cool, and I didn't feel anyone was buging me about it, well on here anyways... I was just saying in general that's what people first say to me about the car. I just didn't want to say no and not give a reason why.

No intentions on doing a full wire tuck yet, although that would make things look better forsure. For now I will just leave it as is, I have 709 miles onto the new motor so i'm just enjoying it for now. Most of my time latly has been taken up trying to finish taking apart a 97gst parts car so that I can free up a space in the driveway.

Today I took a video of the car at idle, showing inside the car at the guages and such. I will put up the link for that soon.:hellyeah:

Still keep reading over this journal! has to be one of the best if not the best journals here on tuners LOL.:dsm:

Thank you.

I did my first Launch with the car yesterday!! That was fun! I preloaded the drivetrain with the e-brake on, then gave it full throttle, then let the clutch go the same time I put the e-brake down. Thing took off haha.

This Shep stage-4 trans just keeps getting better. I am at like 8xx miles on the car now and the transmission is shifting better and better everytime I drive it. When I first drove with the new transmission it was very notchy and very hard to get into gear,... now it almost shifts like butter and is still getting better everytime I drive it! When I launched the car yesterday and shifted from 1st into 2nd the transmission almost seemed to shift for me it was so easy. It like grabbed onto 2nd it was wierd LOL,..

Anyone try the NLTS feature on DSMlink?

I read all the posts on your mission to building that sexy beast! You are a beast for putting all that time and effort into that Machine! I love that car it is amazing!

Which car were you driving while working on this 1? DSM! all the way!

I read all the posts on your mission to building that sexy beast! You are a beast for putting all that time and effort into that Machine! I love that car it is amazing!

Which car were you driving while working on this 1? DSM! all the way!

Lol thanks man. While I worked on this car I daily drove my truck. Thank god for that truck, it never goes out on me like the DSM. The truck is very simple, not much to go wrong. The gas mileage on the truck was horrible for a daily driver though.

did you do taht valve cover yourself? what did you do as far as prep work and materials?

Thanks guys!

I went to 7700rpms today at lunch! That was cool haha.

Since the last update I have wired in a slim fan where the old a/c fan was. I wired it up to a relay and then to a switch inside the car. I wasn't overheating or anything like that, just wanted to get a fan blowing onto the alternator, because I keep burning up the voltage regulator in the alternator from heat. To help out even more I made a Phenloic heat shield, cut with the laser machine at work. It is the same material that circuit boards are made from except black not green. The heat shield fits inbetween the exhaust DP and alternator, and is very effective.

Before, when my car got to full operating temp the alternator would be around 13.1v now with the fan and the heatshield it stays around 13.5v all the time!

Thanks guys!

I went to 7700rpms today at lunch! That was cool haha.

Since the last update I have wired in a slim fan where the old a/c fan was. I wired it up to a relay and then to a switch inside the car. I wasn't overheating or anything like that, just wanted to get a fan blowing onto the alternator, because I keep burning up the voltage regulator in the alternator from heat. To help out even more I made a Phenloic heat shield, cut with the laser machine at work. It is the same material that circuit boards are made from except black not green. The heat shield fits inbetween the exhaust DP and alternator, and is very effective.

Before, when my car got to full operating temp the alternator would be around 13.1v now with the fan and the heatshield it stays around 13.5v all the time!

got a picture of said heatsheild? my external wastegate is melting my alternator pigtail :( :banghead: need to weld up that dump tube someday.. haha:ohdamn:

got a picture of said heatsheild? my external wastegate is melting my alternator pigtail :( :banghead: need to weld up that dump tube someday.. haha:ohdamn:

Yea man, I didn't realize how much heat comes out of those untill I saw a dyno video on youtube and they zoomed in on the wastegate dump while doing a dyno run. Makes since now why my regulators kept burning up LOL... I don't have a pic yet, I am going to make a new revision of it, one that extends up a little to cover a bit of the p/s pump and then make it also go down a little further to get more cold air from under the car.

I am at 1200 miles! Did another oil change last night.

Yea man, I didn't realize how much heat comes out of those untill I saw a dyno video on youtube and they zoomed in on the wastegate dump while doing a dyno run. Makes since now why my regulators kept burning up LOL... I don't have a pic yet, I am going to make a new revision of it, one that extends up a little to cover a bit of the p/s pump and then make it also go down a little further to get more cold air from under the car.

I am at 1200 miles! Did another oil change last night.

nice man, im at 3400 miles right now and due for another oil change.. i change about every 750 miles. what youtube video is this, would be interesting to see. im having bucking/misfire issues:( so im replacing some ignition components

nice man, im at 3400 miles right now and due for another oil change.. i change about every 750 miles. what youtube video is this, would be interesting to see. im having bucking/misfire issues:( so im replacing some ignition components
It was a video that English Racing made, and they zoomed in on the dump tube while they did a dyno run. It was a black Evo if I remember correctly, just can't find the video again haha. Good luck with the bucking, happened to me once, it was the spark plug wires not making the best connection onto the plug...

love the build!! what did you do for hids? a ballast? or just lights

Awesome build man. Great video to.
Thanks man, my first time recording any kind of video.

Car is at 1500miles as of last night!

I need to find somewere to practice launching this thing.

Love it great work!! Idk how to subscribe but I want to!
If you have a youtube account you can follow on there with new videos. Just click on one of my videos in this thread and click subscribe. Then it will update you when I add more videos and what not.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back