The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

97 GSX AutoX/DD sleeper

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Update: Balancing My Rotating Assembly
This is something that really came across my mind when building a motor. I've seen videos of people doing this but never really understood why. So I took the time to read up on the matter and became aware that this is a must for me. I wish I could have got some actually footage of the balancing process though. None the less, I am happy with the results.

Update: Built Head
Im starting to get a glimpse of a fully assemble motor now! This head took way longer to assemble than it should have but I'm thankful for my good friend putting the time in for me. This head should compliment my bottom end quite well :hellyeah:

Update: TRE Stage 3 Transmission
One thing I never liked about my eclipse was it's transmission. Switching between my evo and dsm there was a night and day difference in shift characteristics and drivability. So I knew I had to replace it with a new one that could compete with the evo unit.
Given the power goals I am going after, I knew my stock trans was a ticking time bomb. And with that being said, I called up Jon at TRE and asked him if he had any of his stage 3 transmission in stock. Lucky for me he had 97 stage 3 ready to go. I really can't wait to break this thing in and bang some gears.

Sweet so he is still building dsm transmissions I take it. I need to grab one up soon, My stock trans isn't going to make it very long with my plans for the car.

Sweet so he is still building dsm transmissions I take it. I need to grab one up soon, My stock trans isn't going to make it very long with my plans for the car.
Yes sir, he has a couple already built units ready to ship. Jon is a great guy with tons of knowledge with our transmissions

Yes he's really smart I like he's 15 minutes from me great service had gone beyond support to help me with the last rebuild.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back