The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

97 GSX Auto 350hp+ DD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95whiteGSX

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 3, 2012
FT. Mitchell, Alabama
Well I'm kinda new to the forum but this is my second DSM and I've owned mitsu's since i was able to drive, well enough about me now its about the car, pick it up from a friend who is deploying at the end of the week an i got it for pretty cheap. Now dont get me wrong its not a show car and sure as hell aint prefect, is a 97 GSX auto with about 187k on it, how ever it does have a tan leather interior with a black dash/ center console, an its actually in really good shape besides a few rips in the seams of the leather. as far as the body goes its not in too bad of shape need some work, got some dents, paint nicks and also some clear coat is pealing up. and as far as the mods go as far as i know it has a full 3in TBE, injen intake with some hard intercooler piping, Greddy BOV, and also a custom MBC ( i got a pic of it you'll all laugh at it ... i did when i seen it). As far as my plans for the car, its mainly to clean it up i.e. fix the paint/body, possiably rebuild the motor an trans ( maybe even a 5spd swap) and then just keep her as my DD till all the work on my truck is done but here's some pix for ya'll

2mz1y0.jpg

10i8jo7.jpg

v3f1pe.jpg

mtqs5d.jpg

9hs9xd.jpg

2q0r7yd.jpg

333ib8m.jpg

does anyone know if this is the factory caliper
260xvr4.jpg

and this is that MBC i was talking about
1zb5ji9.jpg

Nice DD man, honestly if this is just specifically a daily driver I would just leave it as it is. My last DSM went to 264,000 original miles before the timing jumped and destroyed the head. I actually feel it could have kept going if this had not happened. You should find out how many miles are on the timing and balance shaft belts A.S.A.P, if either of them jump or snap it's bye bye motor. Also check your drive terrain fluids and have your trans flushed if they have not been in some time. You might want to check your cylinder compression as well, just to see where your at. Also if the original 14b turbo is still in it check for shaft play, boosting a stock turbo over time usually will show some sort of play in your turbo, this will drop power over time.

yes the gsx had 2 piston front calipers, those aren't stock rotors though. looks like your still on a t-25 so i'd remove that boost controller and use the BCS instead.

Well its time for a bit of an update and change of plans/build. I after i had changed my brakes ( pads where shot) my brake light switch broke while i was breaking in the new pads and as i was playing with the switch my car just happened to go into limp mode. so i took it to the trans shop an come to find out there was 2 bad solenoid so they fixed those an the limp mode but theres still a bit of a harsh engagement going from park to drive so trying to figure that out?

as far as the build plans go, i happened to get a great deal on another 7 bolt bored .020 over w a set of .040 pistons, so im taking that to the mechine shop to get bored another .020 over and cleaned up and ready for a build with and evo 8 crank and rods ( since they are forged an free, its my brothers evo an he just bought a crate motor so im using all his parts) and also with that block i got a built head with a set of BC 264's but im swaping them for yet another free part GSC S2's. Now for the big kicker my wife was looking online for turbos ( yes, she is an awesome wife who likes to find parts for me ) and found one Greddy's website its the last 18G greddy will ever sell and make for the 2g's and it was only 600 for the whole kit shipped to my house so im kinda pumped about that. its gonna be a while before i get the project under way since i wanna have all the parts/ supporting mods before i start working on it, im looking at about 450AWHP.

thats the update for now ill keep ya'll posted when i start getting more parts and what not

That is the interior I originally wanted but with black carpet. You got a nice car there and that interior is clean. Keep the updates coming on the build:thumb:

My wife actually found my car for me LOL but I'll have her start on the turbos because I need one :thumb:

Thanks man, I'm actually about to get my carpet dyed black since my tan one is actually stained pretty bad on the passenger floor. And as far as the seats go I'm going to get them redone in tan they are pretty worn in.

And my wife always finds killer deals on parts and what not, she just got me a set of 950cc injectors and an AEM fuel rail for 200 shipped and a lot of other parts I'll be taking some pix of all my parts once try get here I was actually thinking about starting a thread call " what I got in the mail today" they have one on evom and it's pretty Kool actually LOL

Thanks man, I'm actually about to get my carpet dyed black since my tan one is actually stained pretty bad on the passenger floor. And as far as the seats go I'm going to get them redone in tan they are pretty worn in.

And my wife always finds killer deals on parts and what not, she just got me a set of 950cc injectors and an AEM fuel rail for 200 shipped and a lot of other parts I'll be taking some pix of all my parts once try get here I was actually thinking about starting a thread call " what I got in the mail today" they have one on evom and it's pretty Kool actually LOL

Deffinately go with the dye. If not, I reccomend the Rustoleum Carpet & Vinyl spray. It works great and holds its color very well. Never had a problem with it in the last 4 years. Cheap too:thumb:

Good deal you got there. That would be an interesting thread for sure. I'm sure that would get some great Ideas going for others.

And as for the seats. I am not sure at all where I seen it but someone had your interior with black carpet and black stitching in the tan seats. IMO it looked very good and made the whole interior really pop.

Keep it auto. Run your 2g pistons just get new rings, with 1gs rods. Will handle 350whp all day. A E316g would be a great turbo to, with all supporting mods.

may need a few good supporting mods for 350 but...
VERY GOOD ADVISE HERE...run the trans at full line pressure with some cheap injectors and logger with some way to compensate for everything and even on stock sidemount you could have a ton of fun

Yea I'm deffently keeping it auto, going to be looking into that blue wire mod soon, and I already have an 18g, 950cc in, and still looking for a FMIC. I'm going to be above 350 with everything I'm doing to the car.

Nice! I love the red on our cars. I have a white GSX!

Yea I'm a huge fan of the red but I truly love the white ones, I had a 95 white gsx and I traded in for my first Evo. And the guy who bought it from the dealership got an awesome deal cause he blew it up and try had to rebuild it all under 30 day lemon law in NY so he got more or less a new car

Looks like a nice find. If the compression is good on the engine, just replace all the belts along with other maintenance and leave it in there until it dies. Might want to take out the balance shafts though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back