The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

97 GSX 600hp Street/Drag/Restoration

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm in the process of my own resto mod on a 1g with the same color scheme. I dont have a cage though.

I'm in the process of my own resto mod on a 1g with the same color scheme. I dont have a cage though.

Right on, this color scheme has always been one of my favorites. Good luck with everything, I'll have to check out your build thread soon.

Well a pretty huge update finally, I got the car running and it's sounding pretty good so far. It was running a little bit rich but that's Everything was on spot good oil pressure, when it warmed up it dropped down to 900ish. I say ish because of these big ole cams that don't like to idle that low.. And no more dyno tune as of now, the trailer isn't mine and is being used daily for the next couple months at least. I'm getting a tune on it next week some time from a awesome local tuner. He's actually tuning some evos for the midwest gridlife this coming weekend!! So I'm really excited to get it all finally done with and tuned up!!!

Here is a video of it running, Click the picture to watch.. (Sorry for the terrible camera skills and very short video)
th_021_zps8rnxlsat.mp4.jpg

And I did some polishing of the fp intake and on the spark plug cover.. I still need to finish the spark plug cover but its good enough for now..
028_zpsd8x6f1yk.jpg

I finally went ahead and wrapped my exhaust manifold. The oil feed is a little close, but not too bad and its wrapped twice itself.. Also after re-clearing the hood I'm not really wanting that to discolor anytime soon LOL

025_zpshwqw4ium.jpg

027_zps8ensw8hl.jpg

And to top it all off I got a set of evo X rims with some blizzak snow tires. They are actually in good shape and i'll use them this winter on something LOL. But the best part is I got them for $200, now I got something to clear these big old brembo's that are just sitting!!

002_zpsmyafqyum.jpg

Right on, this color scheme has always been one of my favorites. Good luck with everything, I'll have to check out your build thread soon.

Well a pretty huge update finally, I got the car running and it's sounding pretty good so far. It was running a little bit rich but that's Everything was on spot good oil pressure, when it warmed up it dropped down to 900ish. I say ish because of these big ole cams that don't like to idle that low.. And no more dyno tune as of now, the trailer isn't mine and is being used daily for the next couple months at least. I'm getting a tune on it next week some time from a awesome local tuner. He's actually tuning some evos for the midwest gridlife this coming weekend!! So I'm really excited to get it all finally done with and tuned up!!!

Here is a video of it running, Click the picture to watch.. (Sorry for the terrible camera skills and very short video)
View attachment 304216

And I did some polishing of the fp intake and on the spark plug cover.. I still need to finish the spark plug cover but its good enough for now..
View attachment 304217

I finally went ahead and wrapped my exhaust manifold. The oil feed is a little close, but not too bad and its wrapped twice itself.. Also after re-clearing the hood I'm not really wanting that to discolor anytime soon LOL

View attachment 304218

View attachment 304219

And to top it all off I got a set of evo X rims with some blizzak snow tires. They are actually in good shape and i'll use them this winter on something LOL. But the best part is I got them for $200, now I got something to clear these big old brembo's that are just sitting!!

View attachment 304220
good looking tuck and battery and fusebox relocation

292127.jpg

Can you post a link to where you got that rear duck lip? I would like to look into it more.

Thanks,

good looking tuck and battery and fusebox relocation

Thank you!!

View attachment 304260

Can you post a link to where you got that rear duck lip? I would like to look into it more.

Thanks,

It's off a evo x, but honestly I'm going to sell it and build one from scratch next winter.. This could fit with some trimming but I don't have the time at the moment to get it to fit..

Thank you!!

It's off a evo x, but honestly I'm going to sell it and build one from scratch next winter.. This could fit with some trimming but I don't have the time at the moment to get it to fit..
did you put your battery in the trunk or the front subframe and how bad was the fusebox relocation?

did you put your battery in the trunk or the front subframe and how bad was the fusebox relocation?

The battery is in the trunk in the battery box.. And the fuse box relocation wasn't to bad for me. But I guess it depends on how you feel with wiring. As long as you label the wires you should be good.

Perfect my friend, just perfect.

Thank you!!!

Well shootout prep is all done, now just need to pack the car up for the morning. I'll be leaving with a few dsm buddies for the shootout at 7am tomorrow!!

If you see me there come and say whats up!! I'll try and do the same for anyone's car I recognize from tuners!!

042_zpslmgkdzjv.jpg

049_zpskfqbyrl7.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back