The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

97 Gst Vs 03 Gts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

need4speed-gst

Probationary Member
Jul 18, 2003
IndianaUS
ok i have a 97 gst with about 74,000 miles on it and my buddy has an 03 gts....both are 5sp and both are stock.......which one will win in the quarter mile, and which one is faster. i have the turbo but he has a v6 so i am wondering cause he talks so much stuff. if my car is slower what is the cheapest mod to get to toast him?....please help me out

get a boost gauge and a controller, im guessing ur refering to a eclipse 2000-present, u should take him.

:D I have the same thing going on. Me 97 GST, friend 01 GS but modded. From what I have heard though is that the gs and gts there is only about 30 horses dif from the factory. If you can get a good take off you can wax him now.:thumb: The only thing that they got that kills us is that damn sportstronic tranny. They launch off the line without spinning much at all. Even on his forum most of the GT and GTS people, even modded ones, don't even want to run us becuase there scared of getting that nice paint taken off for them.:p

Your GST should stomp a mudhole the size of texas in his rear. The V-6 is a good engine, but not the 4G63 good. It was designed for the people that didn't like the vibrations and harshness of the 4cyl(no offense to V-6 owners, I'm reffering to the yuppie drivers that complained because the sports car they bought didnt drive as smooth as the luxury car they have).

I raced a 3rd Gen GT-S. I was not impressed at all with it. I was a little nervous, thinking it would be such a close race. It was a roll start at about 10 mph. He stayed with me 1st gear, and most of 2nd gear. But 3rd gear I blew his doors off and he was sad he just spent all that money on that new shiny silver car just like millions of other people that have silver GT-S's. You got him bro, like he's nothing! 4G63...!

By the way, I have a 93 Talon TSi FWD. Bone stock except for aftermarket boost guage, ripped off air canister, and hacked BCS. Running 13 - 14 PSI.

Put some money down on that race!

hey man i have and 97 eclipse gs-t with a couple of bolt ons and i destryoed my friends gt-s. You will have no problem with that v6. My frined has intake headers and exhaust its not even a race. tell your friend to stop talking with his mouth and let him feel the power of the 4g63.

one of my boddies has a 2000 GT and he took it the track and could not get a lower time then a 16.2 and he had the spare tire and rear seat removed also. are 2g turboed cars run low 15's in the 1/4 so u should kill him in a race.

when u guys race ask him to bet money b/c i know u will win hahaha!

stock, you would be close to even i belive. Both 15 second cars(or that is what I heard someone on this board a while ago). But how hard are some minor mods?

if you want to beat him, you don't even need to get boost gauge and controller...easiest thing that will give you tons of power is to get a new BOV (blow off valve) and Upper Intercooler Pipe...Just with that you will kill him...

those two mods will do more for you than K&N Filter, Cat-back Exhaust, Boost controller @ 16psi, and Boost gauge will do for you combined

ummm the new v6 is a mid 15 sec car and gst is high 14 sec car. I raced my gf brothers v6 eclipse with my windows down and a/c on(wanted to give him a handi cap) results gst>gts I owned him from rev one. They sound drive nice but have no top end and are pretty slow. Like the guy above said made for yuppies not people like us.

A eclipse gts is one of the slowest sports cars oput there. They run high 15's but most magazines ran 16 flat on them. My buddy in his teg type r smoked a gts that had a 75 shot. Your car will destroy his stock for stock and even if he has an exhaust and intake you'll still destroy him. I don't even bother if they wanna race i just look and laugh....:barf:

I raced a GT on the freeway from 75 -> 120 and the only thing the GT saw was my rear end nearly 20 feet away. This was when I was pretty much stock. After my most recent basic mods, I believe I'll leave a 30 foot rear-end image on the GT.

good luck on the race, and remember to do it when no cops are looking! See my most recent post about my *6* tickets.

hey thanks guys, i am a lil short on cash right now, but i'll be sure to sneak a couple of mods under the hood b4 i see him again....thanks for your help........... haha yeah no cops... gotcha

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back