The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

97 gst spyder turbo wont run right. Need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sascorp

Probationary Member
Dec 7, 2006
Jamul, California
:dsm: I have a 97 gst spyder 2.0 dohc 4g63 head with a cyclone manifold.

Originally got the car with bent valves. I replaced the head with an older one with the manifold. I got the car started but i have to give it a shot of starter fluid first.
It Idles but feels like it is running on three cylinders. I also ran an obd on the car and came up with a Manifold differential pressure sensor circuit malfunction error.
I checked to see if there where any vacuum lines loose but nope !

I did notice a little difference from the original manifold( it has an egr valve) the cyclone manifold doesnt so the sensor is just hanging there. would this affect the way the car is running?

How about if the timing is off a tooth or two, would that affect the car dramatically to where t would feel like it was running on 3 cylinders and very rough?
When I push on the accelerator, it dies !
Please somebody help me !

:dsm: I have a 97 gst spyder 2.0 dohc 4g63 head with a cyclone manifold.

Originally got the car with bent valves. I replaced the head with an older one with the manifold. I got the car started but i have to give it a shot of starter fluid first.
It Idles but feels like it is running on three cylinders. I also ran an obd on the car and came up with a Manifold differential pressure sensor circuit malfunction error.
I checked to see if there where any vacuum lines loose but nope !

I did notice a little difference from the original manifold( it has an egr valve) the cyclone manifold doesnt so the sensor is just hanging there. would this affect the way the car is running?

How about if the timing is off a tooth or two, would that affect the car dramatically to where t would feel like it was running on 3 cylinders and very rough?
When I push on the accelerator, it dies !
Please somebody help me !

i had a mdp sensor on a few months back..it didnt change the ride of the vehicle at all really..its just there to regulate the pressure in the intake manifold. timing could definitely cause the car to ride rough seeing as how your valves will be open at the wrong time. that would either crack (chip/damage) the piston, the valve itself, or cause lower compression seeing as how the intake or the exhaust valve may be open during the compression or power stroke. "when you push on the gas" how much?? wot or even the slightest amount?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back