The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

97 GST Spyder (AWD Swapped)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yesterday I finally got to start tearing my car apart. I got everything out except the transmission since I didn't have my engine support cradle. I picked it up from one of my friends this morning and put it over the bay. Got the transmission dropped out and found out the clutch broke again.

20170105_100756_zpsj4rougdl.jpg

Last edited:
Got my new ACT clutch disc yesterday:

20170124_184703_zpse5avniop.jpg

and started install today. This clutch disc just feels amazing while holding it... It's pretty damn heavy compared to a parts store disc I think, but I kind of like that.

Got the transmission back in, hopefully get to finish tomorrow.

20170126_134007_zpsdiehyavf.jpg

Last edited:
She sold today..... :( Gonna miss this car, but I sadly had to do it, and not because of the car itself. I got personal matters to tend to, and selling it was the best way for me to get the money I need to fix my person crap. I'm not out of the DSM world though. I made a deal on a '99 GS OZ Edition for cheap, and it's in fairly good condition. This will be my DD for a while now. Once my personal crap is taken care of, I'll be on the search for a GSX or TSi AWD rolling shell to build. The Spyder is going to a good home though, and hopefully it brings its new owner as many memories as I have had with it.

PaperWeight%20Sale%20Ad_zpsmhx79bva.jpg

20170421_231455_zpsjrzbrbib.jpg

20170421_231432_zpsrl3gvv0m.jpg

20170421_165247_zpspk1o29l6.jpg

20170421_170003_zps1p9b63sm.jpg

This is the end of this build journal. A future one will come when the time is right, and I find the right project.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back