The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

97 gst restoring/cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99 gs iowa

10+ Year Contributor
May 29, 2011
moravia, Iowa
I got this car down in chicago this summer for 4000 an it treated me well for a well then the motor finally dumped out, it has some rust an stuff i plan on fixing in the bay an cleaning up the bay a little bit while im in there, i already got another motor lined up i should be purchasing and installing here soon :thumb:

Here's some pic of the car when i first got it, me an my friend (owner of midwest exclusive) went out a did a little photo shoot
gst.jpg

loading.jpg

gst2.jpg

Welp now it was time to tear into her, :ohdamn:

valvecover.jpg

teardown1_zps38eea281.jpg

teardown2_zpsf9618abb.jpg

teardown3_zpseba5447d.jpg

And as you can tell the bay needs ALOT of cleaning, gonna take alot of degreaser an some strut tower rust an tucking an deleting some stuff,

Will ive been ordering some parts as i go for the build to make it a little bit more fun than the stock set up :D

14b_zps3ea4f258.jpg

I decided to go with a 14b with a 16g hotside, think itll give me that low spool i want and some decent top end, im hoping to hit a little over 300whp with this turbo? (im unsure what other people have hit on 14b's with the 16g hotside?)

and i also decided im gonna need a gauge pod for my wideband an boost gauge so i jus went with this cheap one for the moment
gaugepod_zps7cee8c84.jpg

There wil be alot more pics to come!

DAMN, that thing is sexy! other than some coil overs, i wouldn't touch the exterior. Good luck with the build:)

Beautiful. I gotta 97 gst that i picked up and Im in the middle of just getting it to run factory before i can even upgrade LOL. ## doin an awesome job good luck

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back