The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

97 eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The coil pack seems to be far enough out of spec to warrent getting a replacement. Hopefully my gut instinct is right. I ordered a pair of oem coils due to coil B 2-3 is close to the minimum ohm tolerance and 1-4 is at 8ohms. I think i possibly shorted a coil pack by it touching the manifold but not sure.

20211110_075208.jpg20211110_075220.jpg
Both secondary ohms

Working on a smaller project until i can get the new coils. I got some flexible braided wire loom and started installing it and its pretty nice stuff. Seems to be superior to the normal plastic wire loom.20211110_150859.jpg

Thanks man but I already ohm tested, did a sound check. I need to pull them for sure to hear better since I don't have a stethoscope. Cars bogs bad after a few minutes of idle and some serious rich white gas smelling smoke once it gets going. I compression tested so the HG is still ok.

This is one of my old injectors being stuck. You can clearly hear the difference.

I also had white smoke that smelled like fuel but I forget if it was from me installing injector wires to the wrong cylinder

Thanks tony for the video! I do hear one that is a bit louder but will hear better when its out. So it seemed to be shorter and louder opening is that correct?

I tested 2 sets of injectors. Both sets are at 2.0 ohms, and when energized they all sound the same except cylinder 3. This injector is very loud about triple the volume of the others. Not sure what that means.

The fueling issue has been resolved. Turns out the rebuilt 750 injectors i purchased back this spring were junk. They tested fine but all four of them were not closing properly.20211117_161642.jpg
I got out the green and black 750's i showed earlier that were donated to me by a fellow tuner that left the DSM platform. Installed them and turned it over instant start. Balanced AFR and 850-890 idle.
Still need some heat sink grease for the resistor pack but as suggestes to me made the metal mount plate surface the same size of the back plate of the resistor.
20211117_161713~2.jpg
Hopefully the car is done for awhile im getting burnt out on this thing🥵

So my fuel gauge seems to be dead and driving around i started misfiring and bucking. Noticed a lean out in fuel when it happens which as the car pulls under load and the gas peddle is pushed in to accelerate 30%tps it doesn't like it. Does this gas level look low enough to cause this in motion because you can rev it high while parked with no issues no CEL except p1105 relating to fuel solnoid circuit fault. My guesses are this gas level being low or the pump is going out. The pump does seem to change sound every once in a while. I didn't make the whole trip to the gas station because i was afraid of needing a tow truck, my car sits way too low for that business.
20211118_184630.jpg
20211118_184656.jpg

If you are logging the fuel pressure, you can see easily if it sucks the air. Usually if the pump is sucking the air, you hear the pump sound louder. If you are not logging the fuel pressure, maybe you can check it on the fuel pressure regulator's gauge by activating the pump in ECMLink, and ask someone to shake the car. If you see the fuel pressure gets dropped while shaking the car, probably the level is too low.

If you are logging the fuel pressure, you can see easily if it sucks the air. Usually if the pump is sucking the air, you hear the pump sound louder. If you are not logging the fuel pressure, maybe you can check it on the fuel pressure regulator's gauge by activating the pump in ECMLink, and ask someone to shake the car. If you see the fuel pressure gets dropped while shaking the car, probably the level is too low.
I'll tell you what Hiroshi im really starting to lose hope with this car. Fix 3 things and 1 more bad thing pops up on me its very frustrating. I really just want to enjoy the car. Especially after basically replacing every nut and bolt on it.

I'll tell you what Hiroshi im really starting to lose hope with this car. Fix 3 things and 1 more bad thing pops up on me its very frustrating. I really just want to enjoy the car. Especially after basically replacing every nut and bolt on it.
Yeah I know how you feel. But just be patient. Once you make it perfectly running without any issue, it would be way easier to maintain and modify more.

Looks like about a gallon or two left in the tank. I’m sure I’ve ran it that low a few times in my 2g and I’ve never had issues from that. Have you ran those injectors before? Maybe they flow different. They’re low impedance injectors. Were the ones you were running the same shape? High impedance injectors are much narrower.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back