The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

97 eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

While i wait for my next day off i thought about ordering a couple more parts for the timing area. These might/might not be necessary. I believe they are the originals.
1-trigger plate
2-crank timing sprocket

I think i might have messed up the last time i had the head apart. I installed 3g lifters earlier this year. I submerged in oil then placed into the engine.
From research I saw people bleed everything out then inatall. is proper or ahould they be filled with oil. My take is put them in squishy and then start the engine and they adjust themselves? Not sure which one. Going through old threads ive seen people do both.

Wow i saw this and didn't know to post it so i did it here. Who has seen this and what do you think of it. I bet this is insanely priced!

Capture+_2021-10-25-22-52-23.png

Timing is set need to install the air intake system and get her off the stands and fire it up. :cool: Used the oil sprocket bolt trick worked like a charm Tony. :thumb:
After a short drive I will be flushing the coolant system and changing the oil.

Last edited:
Engine wont hold an idle. Looks like the second injector from the cam gears has a leaking bottom seal. Would a leak this size make it not able to idle?

Attachments

• 20211027_201850.jpg
    20211027_201850.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 20211027_201845.jpg
    20211027_201845.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 21
Yup. I’ve never tried to get an injector seal at the parts store but I’d imagine they carry them???
Check this out Tony, i know the 4th ring is missing i dropped it into no mans land but i think this seal is to the leaking injector. It looks thicker and it feels a bit softer. The ring is on the very left.

20211027_221544.jpg

Not sure how that got in there but its quite bizarre. I ordered a set of oem seals on STM. You think this is why my car stalls and dies on startup?

On a better note even with the fuel leak i set the idle a bit higher to get op temp. The head is completely sealed not a single leak. Before hand it was blowing out all 4 sides and two corners.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back