The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

97 eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Right on, i wouldn't go as far to say copy cat but i am flattered for sure. I kept my original cluster and got a junkyard cluster to experiment with. Be sure to send me some pics of yours when you get done I'd like to see how you go about it. Good luck.

Cracked into the car today to do some touch up maintenance. Did a shift cable inspection greased all the necessary components with super white lithium grease. Got a little vac gremlin im chasing.
Got curious and upped my boost to 21 psi with my profec made the car feel like a rocket but short lived cuz it induced a vac leak somewhere. In terms of air lines i use Vinrant brand hoses which i believe to be good quality. On inspection there are to damaged hoses so i think the TB housing might be leaking.

I found a pretty neat liscense plate cover. Plus i got a new appearl link for thermal r&d. Looks like they got some new shirts too:D
20210819_190320.jpg

Thats the link to the shirts.

Last edited:
Just fixed another vac leak. I put air tool oil in the compressor and the oil shot out of the the leaky spot making it wet. Added some rtv to the gasket front and back to hopefully seal it. The vac gauge was jumping all over the place at idle. Looks like about 20% of the surface was leaking on one side. My slow boost build and loss of power in all rpm ranges makes sense now.
20210826_114239~2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Tony! I want to make better quality videos but i dont know how. That build highlights video on your thread is incredible. What kind of video editor did you use?
I probably should do another one LOL. Just used the pics off my phone and video editor that came on my windows laptop. Nothing fancy

😔 Ladies and gentleman we have a blown head gasket....
I used aftermarket the past time now im going to just use OEM. The output is slightly under 400hp but i hear the stock gasket is one of the the best if not the best choice. Any thoughts or advice on HG choice or opinion is very welcomed id love to know anyone's opinion on the subject who has experienced premature HG failure. Coolant is drained and most of the passanger side is disassembled and will continue early in the morning.

20210831_201453.jpg

20210831_201501_HDR.jpg

totally off topic and i appologize but, i love your valve cover, i want to paint mine white but idk which kind of paint to use that wont burn off but still looks good under heat.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back